A Legend (aka The Myth 2) (2023) - Jackie Chan

SamSeed

What a strange decision, I found The Myth a quite forgettable entry in his filmography apart from the couple of inventive fight scenes and it doesnt have much of a fanbase or legacy behind it as far as I know. 

Is this a good use of his time? 

Also what's going on with The Diary and the movie he did with John Cena?

34 minutes ago, Josh Baker said:

What a strange decision, I found The Myth a quite forgettable entry in his filmography apart from the couple of inventive fight scenes and it doesnt have much of a fanbase or legacy behind it as far as I know. 

Is this a good use of his time? 

Also what's going on with The Diary and the movie he did with John Cena?

The Diary is apparently finished and is awaiting release, as is Snafu/Project X.

• Like 1

Such a strange choice to make a sequel for. I found the first one to be really meh.  I would honestly rather see a live-action version of Jackie Chan Adventure. That show was awesome! 

• Like 1

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/cannes-jackie-chan-film-a-legend-1235491424/

Joining Jackie will be Zhang Yixing and Coulee Nazha and a plot was unveiled at the Cannes Film Festival:

"The sequel sees Chan reprise his role as archaeology expert Professor Chen. The film’s action begins when he notices that the texture on the artifacts discovered by his students during a glacier expedition is strikingly similar to a jade pendant he had seen in his dreams. Suspecting that the pendant is acting as a bridge between the realm of dreams and reality, Professor Chen leads his research team on a journey deep into the Glacier Temple, embarking on a fantastical adventure."

And it's been retitled A Legend and Stanley Tong is returning to direct. 

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 1

If this is successful, I wonder if they'll follow it up with parts 3 and 4: The Fairy Tale and The Fable.

• Haha 2

legendarycurry
16 minutes ago, DrNgor said:

If this is successful, I wonder if they'll follow it up with parts 3 and 4: The Fairy Tale and The Fable.

part 5 and 6 where my favorite: The Story and The Preservation of Tradition Through The Passing Down of Oral Retellings of Historical or Fantastical Events To Convey A Message.

• Haha 1

36tripsofdeath

Here is some footage shown to Do Bona Film Group while the filming progresses. Somebody recorded it off of the screen and put it up on YouTube.

• Like 1

legendarycurry
10 minutes ago, 36tripsofdeath said:

Here is some footage shown to Do Bona Film Group while the filming progresses. Somebody recorded it off of the screen and put it up on YouTube.

Among the upcoming films about elderly men going on adventures while looking like they'd rather be doing something else, I choose this over Indiana Jones and The Clock of Geriatrics

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

36tripsofdeath

According to Jackie Chan France, once filming is complete on The Myth 2, Jackie should immediately start filming Project P (AKA Project Panda) from director Luan Zhang (Song of Youth, Give Me Five) Jackie will assume the role of "Jackie" a 68 year old movie star who is up against poachers who want to harm a panda. This starts filming in August and may partially be shot at the same time as the Karate Kid sequel, if Jackie's appearance in that  comes to fruition.

• Like 1

legendarycurry
16 minutes ago, 36tripsofdeath said:

Jackie will assume the role of "Jackie

Every Chan movie ever :yociexpress06:

• Like 2

What the actual F did I just watch?! Well at least the fights seem to be somewhat decent. I kind of hoped after 'Ride On' Jackie will retire once and for all in front of the camera. 

AlbertV

The film has an official China release date of July 12.

GNrcjVkWQAApG_g?format=jpg&name=large

PandaPawPaw
1 hour ago, laagi said:

In case you fine folks missed this. Some netizens got a raging hard on over these news apparently.

https://www.scmp.com/news/people-culture/china-personalities/article/3270226/china-critics-pan-ai-rejuvenation-jackie-chan-new-film-legend

It can't be any worse than The Irishman de-aging which looked off. The deepfake version looks way better!

This poster on the other hand looks cool!

d89fe782-27e7-4ec8-8046-2e38fac68e39_291

Josh Baker

I'm confused. So there are going to be flashbacks in the film where Chan is de-aged? 

PandaPawPaw
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Josh Baker said:

I'm confused. So there are going to be flashbacks in the film where Chan is de-aged? 

This is his de-aged version. How it all fits together, I have no idea (not seen the Myth).

Edited by PandaPawPaw
Added video.