Black Magic 2 or The Brain Stealers

Guest thejadefacedassassin

Guest thejadefacedassassin

Since Brigitte Lin Ching-hsia's Starry Is The Night slated for a Sept 20 release was withdrawn due to contractual issues with Hsu Feng's company, I have requested for a replacement/substitute. My Celestial contact says he will look into the possibility of Black Magic 2 or The Brain Stealers especially since I have pointed out that there are only 4 movies in the Oct 18 batch. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Supposedly, Black Magic 2 is pretty cool. I agree though, Black Magic 1 is really just a see what Shaws can do different kinda flick. Though the milking of the breast wasn't too bad a scene. :D

Guest venomchamber

as BLACK MAGIC PART 2 was solicited last year (and is available on JAMAN), and they claim they've released the Complete Shaw Brothers Library, I see no reason why not release both? More money in their pockets, more movies for fans & collectors. ;)

with sincerest regards...

Guest Chemical Lemon

Since mediablasters has picked up region 1 rights for Black Magic 2, I'd vote for the Brain Stealers. I think Black Magic 2 may be slightly higher on my list, but it's chances of seeing an alternative release are much higher than brain steelers.

Guest Stuntman Jules

BLACK MAGIC is okay, some nicely lurid moments but it's actually surprisingly dull for a film of it's subject matter.

BLACK MAGIC 2 is an insane, gory masterpiece that's ten times better than the dull original. My $0.02. I'd kill to see it in widescreen,too.

Archived