Black Creek (2024) - Cynthia Rothrock, Don "The Dragon" Wilson, Olivier Gruner, Patrick Kilpatrick

AlbertV

Cynthia Rothrock took to her YouTube channel to announce she is going to star and produce a new martial arts Western, titled Black Creek. The film is being made through Kickstarter and it has already made its goal and more so far. She will be co-starring alongside Don "The Dragon" WilsonOlivier Gruner, and Patrick KilpatrickShannon Lanier is directing the film.

The plot centers around a sheriff’s sister who seeks revenge against the terrifying leader of a group of outlaws after discovering he brutally murdered her brother, his wife, and other family members in a gritty southwestern town.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crothrock/black-creek-a-western-action-film-from-cynthia-rothrock

4044d5952490098c44df308abdf1c34d_origina

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 3

I hope this is good, I love Cynthia Rothrock and I think she is a legend, and I hope the creative control will lead to a more polished production; I want to see her in a high-level, polished production.

• Like 2

One Armed Boxer
On 2/24/2023 at 3:40 AM, ShaOW!linDude said:

She posted on FB over the last couple of days that Richard Norton has also joined the cast.

Billy Blanks is now onboard as well. Matthias Hues surely can’t be far behind!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Billy Blanks is now onboard as well. Matthias Hues surely can’t be far behind!

How confident are we with this project in general? I'm considering pitching in too BUT...

Cynthia and Don already tried something similar a few years back with "The Martial Arts Kid 2: Payback".

At least "Black Creek" has already surpassed its funding goal. I'd just hate to see this get stuck in development hell or worse.

But I'm confident Cynthia and her team can get it done. I'm just always a bit on the fence when it comes to these kind of projects.

• Like 3

I hope she can get this movie made. It sounds like it'll be a fun film with a ton of talented people. 

• Like 2

On 2/28/2023 at 4:03 AM, laagi said:

How confident are we with this project in general? I'm considering pitching in too BUT...

Cynthia and Don already tried something similar a few years back with "The Martial Arts Kid 2: Payback".

At least "Black Creek" has already surpassed its funding goal. I'd just hate to see this get stuck in development hell or worse.

But I'm confident Cynthia and her team can get it done. I'm just always a bit on the fence when it comes to these kind of projects.

On 2/28/2023 at 4:03 AM, laagi said:

This looks solid and Cynthia is running this production. I have no worries. They are scheduled to shoot in the fall.

• Like 2

ShaOW!linDude

Add to the list Benny "the Jet" Urquidez and Keith Vitali.

This is shaping up to be a smorgasbord of screen fighters. What's gonna be key is the fight choreographer. If this lacks some HK flavor, it will be all for naught. And yes, I understand these guys ain't spring chickens any more, but they have to know what the fans hope for and expect.

My understanding is the kickstarter campaign has reached or almost reached its goal.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

I'm just surprised Kevin Sorbo's still getting work.

Care to explain? Is he a right wing conspiracy nut or something :coveredlaugh

Drunken Monk
1 hour ago, laagi said:

Care to explain? Is he a right wing conspiracy nut or something :coveredlaugh

I don’t know what you mean…

B01CA80B-2F54-445E-8B8E-1D7858D7DC5E.jpeg

FE5A7A92-F374-4240-9726-2E1936DC9FC6.jpeg

3A83F87E-D365-4563-A2DF-8AB290017A36.jpeg

F4BEF95B-6E02-4C28-8B0E-29AF896B1778.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

One Armed Boxer
On 3/4/2023 at 4:51 AM, ShaOW!linDude said:

My understanding is the kickstarter campaign has reached or almost reached its goal.

It's gone a little beyond that, and is currently funded to more than 3 times the original goal of $89,000 with still more than a week to go (which, coincidentally, also makes it the 3rd most successfully crowd funded action movie of all time).

BlackCreek.jpg.9f478bc9b6da825bd5011ce274021803.jpg

• Like 2

One Armed Boxer
9 hours ago, laagi said:

Is the buzz already over? Campaign has also launched on Indiegogo. In case any of you missed out and wanna pitch in ;)

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/black-creek-an-action-film-by-cynthia-rothrock#/

Does anyone else smell something fishy here!? They raised more than 3 times what they said was needed to make the movie over on their Kickstarter campaign, and now they're asking for another $35,000 over on Indiegogo!? Something seems a little off.

Not to mention, another Rothrock production ('The Last Kumite') is concurrently asking for €150,000 on Kickstarter in a campaign that doesn't even bother to explain what the funds are needed for!

• Confused 1

kingofkungfu2002
1 hour ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Does anyone else smell something fishy here!? They raised more than 3 times what they said was needed to make the movie over on their Kickstarter campaign, and now they're asking for another $35,000 over on Indiegogo!? Something seems a little off.

Not to mention, another Rothrock production ('The Last Kumite') is concurrently asking for €150,000 on Kickstarter in a campaign that doesn't even bother to explain what the funds are needed for!

Some people didn't fulfil their financial obligation on Kickstarter, for whatever reason. 

14 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

The reason according to Cynthia is that the additional funding will be used for two more days of shooting. Which basically will also give her and the team more freedom in terms of the action scenes. I'm paraphrasing here.

However the mention of yet another project does make me a bit concerned...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I've reached out to Cynthia an here is her official response. I hope this helps those who are still interested in the project.

"I'm only an attached cast member on The Last Kumite, it is not my campaign on Kickstarter. There were several "Slacker Backers" who missed out on the Black Creek campaign and a few thousand dollars that fell through due to bad credit cards on Kickstarter, and we want to add 2 more shooting days for fight scenes to the schedule, so we launched the IndieGoGo campaign. Black Creek is now fully funded and ready to begin filming this fall."

• Like 3

Update: They met their goals and production will begin on October 30. Mike Moeller and Rothrock's Swiss Power Stunts will serve as the film's action choreographers and Emmy award-winning SFX master Myke Masters will be doing the film's make-up effects.

This is where the film will be shooting: https://www.mescalmovieset.com/ in Benson, Arizona. 

• Like 1

AlbertV
Posted (edited)

Mike Moller is the film's fight choreographer and co-director on the film. A full trailer will be out in September and makes its world premiere in L.A. in early October.

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 1

They need to hire someone else to do trailers for sure, terrible in my opinion. Sped up fights quick cuts so weird doesn't sell it at all to me. ugh