Mark Long

AlexanderFu

How is there no thread for the Ghost Faced killer?

The man was insane. The way he did that split whole going off in The Mystery of Chess Boxing really put him up there in my book. Too bad he didn't make that many movies, but I really think he is one of the most agile I've seen.

Only 27 listed credits. (They must have missed a few). 

For me, this is a personal favorite of his. It's pretty mindboggling how good this generation of performers were, and he is right up there.  

Hong Kong Cinemagic - Mark Long Kwan Wu (hkcinemagic.com)

• Like 5

Due to my deeper research into Koreans over the last few years, I've had a lot more exposure to the Taiwanese guys than I ever did before, as there were quite a few crossover films. I've been very impressed by guys like Mark Long, great skills, almost at the level of the Korean's when it comes to the kicks.

But I think the Taiwanese suffered in the same way as the Korean's in that their choreography (for the most part) never quite rose above what would be considered the normal standard of Hong Kong. But that's some stiff competition and doesn't take away from how great these guys were.

• Like 5