88 Blu rays

sym8

Question

Anyone else had problems with these Blu rays with regards to freezing?I’ve had two or three now that I’ve had to return because of said issue.My latest being Legendary weapons of China.Playing on Xbox series x and Sony Blu ray player or not as the case maybe

Edited by sym8

4 answers to this question

7 hours ago, sym8 said:

Anyone else had problems with these Blu rays with regards to freezing?I’ve had two or three now that I’ve had to return because of said issue.My latest being Legendary weapons of China.Playing on Xbox series x and Sony Blu ray player or not as the case maybe

I also use a Sony blu ray player and had those freezing issues. I thought it was the discs too but then realized it was the blu ray player! I have an older region free modded Sony UPD-XM800 and I had to due a hard power reset to get it 'unfrozen' after it freezed up. I never did any firmware updates thinking it would mess up my region free mod but eventually I got sick of the problem and did download the latest update and I don't know if it's coincidence but it no longer freezes. I also elevated the blu ray player with some footers because another member here suggested it could be a heat related issue and the stock footers don't raise the player high enough. But since you mentioned your XBox also has that issue, it may be an issue with the discs, so I can't definitely say it's your blu ray player.

• Like 1

Not had any issues with 88 discs (on 2 panasonics and a sony) but my older panasonic player is starting to have some freezing issues on some bd-r media. That could be crap discs though

• Like 1

I was chatting with a friend the other day about this very situation and he told me he no longer has any freezing issues since he adopted a policy of wiping down his discs with a very fine microfiber cloth before playing them. I told him that these were "new" discs that were never handled before and he said it doesn't matter, that the discs themselves after coming off the pressing plant have a fine residue on them before they are packed into the cases. I have no evidence to the contrary nor can I corroborate his findings in any way but hey, it's just more food for thought! It doesn't cost anything to try since I have tons of microfiber cloths laying around my place.

• Like 1

A lot of Kino/Scream Factory releases are turning up with scratched discs, issues with the mexican pressing plant. Kino went through a spell a while back where their cases were full ofgassy residue (Good,Bad, Ugly 4k for example) with 88 if find they shove too much into the case, poster booklet etc,can be very snug.

• Like 1