RIP Ted Thomas

Killer Meteor

Ugh. Horrible news. He may not trend on Twitter, but we all know how important this man was to our enjoyment of all sorts of great movies. He lived a good, full life. Rest in peace, Ted. :angel

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

RIP to The Big Boss and pioneer of English dubbing in Hong Kong.

Whether you enjoy the unique charm of those dubs or not, it seems to me that they helped in the exporting process as well as giving the movies a chance to be seen by a wider audience. And Ted Thomas ran one of the first English dubbing companies in HK. I'm not saying that the likes of kung fu and kaiju movies, wouldn't ever have gained a popularity in the English speaking/Western world without those dubs/Ted Thomas, but still, the history would probably have been somewhat different without them.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Shaolin Patriot

Sorry to hear the news. Loved his audio interview on the Godzilla vs. Megalon DVD release (YouTube link to full interview below). Quite an illustrious career - from working for British Intelligence to his dubbing work for Japanese and Hong Kong cinema. I'll always remember his very distinctive voice. RIP Ted! 

Interview with Ted Thomas - The Art of Film Dubbing (Original)

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Buddha Bless You 2