Shaws back at cdwow

Guest fabhui

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crap, I could have saved $15 by waiting instead of ordering from DDDhouse.

But I'll be using CDWOW for future orders as it "appears" they are back in the game.

Thank you fabhui for the heads up on this.

The next batch in September will be my test for CDWOW. I'll probably only pick up The Master of Kung Fu and we'll see how long it takes to have them up for order and how it takes for delivery.

Guest sikmao

...that they don't seem to have Kid w/the Golden Arm on their list! maybe it's me, but i looked 3x & didn't see it. i don't even need this, as i have it already, but i am curious, does anyone else see it on this list?

thanks, Sikmao.

Guest JustinB123

One thing to consider when ordering from CD-WOW - the "PayNova" company that they are now using to process their credit card transactions processes them as cash advances. In my case, this means an extra $5.00 charge on my credit card for each purchase!

Guest drunkenmantis13

Nope Golden Arm is still not listed, which makes it very strange.

I'll probably place an order for all 3 V titles there anyway, hoping again. At least i DID get my Killer Constable. :lol

JustinB, what exactly do you mean? As soon as i order i'd get charged even if it ships a month later? But why $5 more?

Guest JustinB123

In my case, I placed 2 separate orders with CD-WOW a few weeks ago. Everything went fine and the DVDs shipped out fast. However, when I checked my credit card statement, there were 2 separate $5.00 transactions listed (in addition to the 2 charges from CD-WOW that I expected to be there). When I contacted the bank, they told me these charges were due to the way PayNova processes transactions - as cash advances instead of normal charges. I guess to be safe, you might want to check what the service fee is for cash advances with your card or check with CD-WOW about why PayNova is billing this way.

Guest drunkenmantis13

Any update on CDwow? I still want to order the 3 latest V ficks from them. Probably will do this week. I'm not in a hurry to have thm but at least if i order i want to someday get them, as long as it's not over a month. So anyone receive any of the 3 titles/latest batch from them?

If not i'll have to order form Play-Asia but it's expensive. I'm ordering Golden Arm there tonight and it will be $15 shipped. Or 2 for $29 shipped...

CDWOW responded to my email about this:

Hi magicpoe

Thanks for your e-mail.

We have raised this issue with the payment provider concerned and I can assure you that they are taking this very seriously.

Paynova have requested that should this happen that you contact them directly at kundsupport@paynova.com and they will reimburse any fees incurred.

My apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards

CD WOW! Customer Services

Guest passager57

Thank you for placing your order with us here at CD WOW!

We are writing to you regarding your order for: The Shaw Brothers Collection: The Delightful Forest Region 3

We are currently awaiting stock of this title and hope to be able to dispatch this item to you on the 24/09/2007.

Guest Kwok Choi

CD WOW! has been sending this email to their customers:

CD WOW! NEWS

Check out

the new

CD WOW!

A NEW CD WOW! IS BORN

-100 000S free VOUCHERS GIVEN AWAY

Dear Member,

We are absolutely delighted to announce to our members first.......................a new beginning for CD WOW!

We know that lots of you have had difficulties in the past few months,and found things to be below our normal standards,and we sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.

CD WOW! is now under new ownership,and this means that everything is now back to normal,and even better than before.We have oodles of fantastic promotions and giveaways planned for you over the coming weeks

In true CD WOW! fashion,as a token of our appreciation for your continued support,and to celebrate the arrival of the new sheriff in town.............you will find 3 x £1 vouchers in your voucher bank

Thanks for all your continued support and patience

The CD WOW! team

Well after waiting 3 months for Rocky Balboa,Blood Diamond and Masked Avengers to be delivered when I pre-ordered (and treated like a kid in the bargain),I am not just gonna throw caution to the wind that easily. The reliability and promptness in all aspects at CD WOW! has to be revived BIG TIME before I part with a single cent.

Archived