Poll - "Honorable Mentions" for the Hong Kong Film Award for Best Action Choreography - 2006

DrNgor

Best Action Choreography - 2006  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which film would you choose for Best Action Choreography for 2006?

• Nicky Li Chung-Chi (Fatal Contact)
    • Yuen Woo-Ping (The Banquet)
    • Benz Kong (My Kung Fu Sweetheart)
    • Wong Chi-Wai, Ling Chun-Pong (Exiled)
    • Corey Yuen (DOA: Dead or Alive)

Nicky Li Chung-Chi (Fatal Contact)

Yuen Woo-Ping (The Banquet)

Benz Kong (My Kung Fu Sweetheart)

Wong Chi-Wai, Ling Chun-Pong (Exiled)

Corey Yuen (DOA: Dead or Alive)

ShaOW!linDude

Fatal Contact for me. The film has some nice fight scenes throughout and probably the closest thing to grounded choreography. This movie showed what Wu Jing was capable of even without the wire-assisted moves, but it just didn't seem to push his career forward. Never understood why. (The clip for The Banquet isn't showing up.) I kind of have a soft spot for DOA. Some neat action in  there, better than what's in the clip.

Drunken Monk

I actually love the action in The Banquet. I feel like Yuen Woo Ping took his tried and tested wire-fu aesthetic and really upped the level until it became visual poetry. There's also a nice juxtaposition between the film's visual beauty and its violence.
With that said, there just isn't a lot of action in The Banquet so it's hindered when it comes to a poll like this. Because of that and the fact none of the others don't quite touch it in terms of choreography, I'm going for Fatal ContactFatal Contact does suffer from repetition but it takes Wu Jing's wushu skills and really grounds them. Which I think is a great choice.