Michelle Yeoh

Shaolin Patriot

BornToDefense

What can you expect from EW? Of course it's going to be all recency and Hollywood bias. Tomorrow Never Dies shouldn't even be on that list in the first place (not that that's her fault).

• Like 3

Darth Kermit

I hope with this Oscar win we see more of her films released by boutique labels. Wing Chun, The Stuntwoman, etc. Just more Michelle please!

• Like 2

On 3/23/2023 at 7:24 PM, DrNgor said:

Entertainment Weekly publishes an article ranking Michelle's best films

I'll spoil it for you all:

1. Everything Everywhere All at Once
2. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
3. Police Story III: Supercop
4. Crazy Rich Asians
5. Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
6. Tomorrow Never Dies
7. Sunlight
8. Kung Fu Panda 2
9. The Lady 
10. Yes Madam
11. Master Z: Ip Man Legacy
12. Far North
13. Gunpowder Milkshake
14. Heroic Trio
15. Boss Level

This is such a maddening and disingenuousness list… if anyone were to watch these and try and get a sense of her career they’d be seriously confused. Total hodgepodge pulled from IMDb. If you’re writing this do some research or ask someone with more knowledge than you. Great opportunity to open people up to vintage 90’s Hong Kong action cinema and the only “obscure” one they manage is Yes Madam. Then again, it is Entertainment Weekly so I shouldn’t expect anything more.

Edited by Gaijin84
  • Like 4

No offense but she needs to get a different management!? How many more stinkers are they gonna put this poor woman in?

It's been literally all down hill for her in terms of quality since EEAO... I mean look at this latest shit!

• Confused 1

PandaPawPaw
18 hours ago, laagi said:

No offense but she needs to get a different management!? How many more stinkers are they gonna put this poor woman in?

It's been literally all down hill for her in terms of quality since EEAO... I mean look at this latest shit!

Yeah when I saw it, I was like oh gawd not another shitty looking film she's in. Also why does Ariana look a bit odd in it? Surgery? If so she didn't/doesn't need it. Pffft!

• Haha 1