Gordon Liu guides around Shaws.

Guest peringaten

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest venomchamber

That was great! :D

Always good to see Gordon Liu Chia-Hui!

(Seems they didn't tear down all of the old Shaw studio yet after all!)

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers!

Guest Iron Boat

What is that film playing in the background of his interview? I thought I had just about all his films I guess not. Is that a shaw film or an independent?

Guest peringaten
What is that film playing in the background of his interview? I thought I had just about all his films I guess not. Is that a shaw film or an independent?
They intersperse a few clips of The Shadow Boxing. Is that what you're referring to?

Guest Iron Boat

I have never seen the Shadow Boxing so that must be it, but I thought that was an alternate name for the Wang Yu Film Spiritual Boxer...I can be wrong. What is Shadow Boxing about? Is it serious or a comedy?

Guest peringaten

Shadow Boxing is the loose Lau Kar Leung sequel to Spiritual Boxer, starring Wong Yue & Gordon. Kind of a comedy, yes, kind of a bit LKL does a tamer Spooky Encounters/hopping corpse flick - this film came earlier than the Sammo though, so I think LKL was a bit ahead with these themes, even if they're not as full blown. Bit silly, didn't meet my expectations as a fan of that genre side, but ultimately pretty fun, if a bit ropey, in retrospect. Haven't watched it in a while, but think it's calling for a retake. Not bad, not great... not up with LKL's finest, but decent all the same.

If anything though, I liked it more than Spiritual Boxer.

Guest oldeschool17

that was awesome. thanks for the links. Gordon Liu comes off as a really nice and humble guy. I couldnt help but smile like the lil boy i was back in the 80s while watching black belt theater every weekend.

Archived