Soundtrack - Savage Five (1974)

Guest gengobei

Guest gengobei

Hi,

i've just watched it, think it's pretty cool and so i was wondering if someone knows what is the "western" music we can heard in this movie ?

Thanks for your help

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest gengobei

Yes ! That's what I was looking for !

Thanks pal, I'm surprised to see how shaw bros used Morricone. :hat

Anyway, that could be funny to make a list, for example Five Fingers of death using Ironside music.

Guest venomchamber
I'm surprised to see how shaw bros used Morricone.

THE FUGITIVE (1972) starring Lo Lieh, Ku Feng and Li Ching was so similar to a spaghetti-western that they used Ennio Morricone's Once Upon A Time In The West soundtrack all throughout the film to the point "Man With A Harmonica" became Lo Lieh's on screen theme!

Thanks pal, I'm surprised to see how shaw bros used Morricone.

The truth is that the vast majority of old skool martial arts flicks use either stock or lifted soundtracks one way or the other.

You'll find many borrowed pieces from spaghetti westerns, even some american films, and independent authors the likes of Jean-Michel Jarre (Snake In The Eagle's Shadow, to begin with). Even when chinese music is used (original or not), typically you'll see the same scores repeated again and again from film to film - and I'm not just talking about the good old Wong Fei-Hung theme :P

Keep in mind that most old skool martial arts films were budget productions (including the comparatively more expensive Shaw Brothers, which simply used their pre-built sets with small alterations again and again), and getting quality artists paid for original scores for each film simply wasn't an option, nor was it deemed a necessity given the target audience.

Sorry to bump a 5 year old thread started by a guest but I just wanted to add to this in case anyone else was interested. While the end theme uses Morricone's theme from Return Of Ringo, the them that is used more commonly is Morricone's theme from another amazing Spaghetti Western, Death Rides a Horse (Monody For Guitar Version III). An amazing use of great music for what is a very underrated Chang Cheh film.

CT74MIxFlPU

Archived