The Error4444 Blu-ray Thread

Yihetuan

23 minutes ago, Knetan said:

Thailand marketed it and other films as part of the Angel series. Hence the 6. Which films were four and five I can't say without doing research.

Oh yes, I see what you mean. Looking on HKMDB. Angel Enforcers [the only film I know with Angel in the title, is a rip off of some of the Iron Angel film series. 

This is Iron Angels 2 and Iron Angel 3 - Both from 1989. 

The Thai name for Iron Angel is เชือด เชือด นี่มๆ ภาค 3 - Translates as Slaughter, slaughter 3 [from HKBDB] and looking at the poster for Fatal Attraction, some of the characters are repeated.

Fatal Attraction script says เชือด-เชือดนี่มนิ่ม 6 - which is again, slaughter, slaughter 6

AngelII+1988-48-b.jpgAngelIII+1989-56-b.jpg

Edited by Yggdrasil
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

I have the FATAL TERMINATION release, but I haven't watched the whole thing yet and can't comment on the image jiggle. I tested it out to see that the disc plays and showed "that scene" to my wife who had the appropriate reaction. :tongue: But as far as how distracting it is or isn't, it's always subjective to each viewer. Personally, I'm used to watching a wide range of picture quality (sometimes so bad you might be looking at a scene and thinking that's either a couple passionately hugging or a bear caught in a phonebooth) having been viewing and collecting Asian cinema since the days of VHS, so I have a high tolerance in that regard. But bad or out-of-sync audio I just can't stomach.

I've no idea why there was a number 6 as part of the title on the Thai poster. I wonder if it was marketed there as part of a series, like IN THE LINE OF DUTY or something? I've asked a friend who may know. I'll post here if I find out.

Hmmm, I never noticed until you said that Simon Yam and Ray Lui look similar. But it's true, they could've played brothers.

Simon Yam also looks very much alike Waise Lee and it often happens that I mistake one for the other.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

Simon Yam also looks very much alike Waise Lee and it often happens that I mistake one for the other.

I can't be the only one shaking my head at this incredulous statement. Simon Yam looks nothing like Waise Lee or Ray Lui other than all 3 are HK actors and born within 4 to 5 years apart. :shaking

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

Waise Lee has big ears. Quite easy to tell them apart.

16 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Angela, you're normally very sharp with faces but those two are almost a world apart! (All due respect to you :smile)

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Yggdrasil said:

Simon Yam and (especially) Ray Lui both have a very distinctive look

shaolin swords

the imperial sword is a great flick love this movie i have it on dvd but it is not great picture quality i will def upgrade THE BLOOD RAIN SWORD 

Edited by shaolin swords
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, De Ming Li said:

Simon Yam and (especially) Ray Lui both have a very distinctive look

Also Simon has the ability of turning straight guys gay. Ray not so much.

• Haha 2

• Administrator
21 hours ago, Knetan said:

Thailand marketed it and other films as part of the Angel series. Hence the 6. Which films were four and five I can't say without doing research.

21 hours ago, Yggdrasil said:

She wasn't the best at explaining. Maybe I should've asked her to write out the characters as my OCR software couldn't read the style of font.

The bottom set of characters is proper Thai script. 

Tried looking around the internet for Thai movie posters which I found a lot of, just not of the film in question and I have yet to find a Thai article about it. 

20 hours ago, Yggdrasil said:

Oh yes, I see what you mean. Looking on HKMDB. Angel Enforcers [the only film I know with Angel in the title, is a rip off of some of the Iron Angel film series. 

This is Iron Angels 2 and Iron Angel 3 - Both from 1989. 

The Thai name for Iron Angel is เชือด เชือด นี่มๆ ภาค 3 - Translates as Slaughter, slaughter 3 [from HKBDB] and looking at the poster for Fatal Attraction, some of the characters are repeated.

Fatal Attraction script says เชือด-เชือดนี่มนิ่ม 6 - which is again, slaughter, slaughter 6

AngelII+1988-48-b.jpgAngelIII+1989-56-b.jpg

Okay, it looks like you guys beat me to it. But the very cool cat that runs Thai Poster Bliss (https://www.instagram.com/thai_poster_bliss/?g=5) told me that FATAL TERMINATION was released and marked in Thailand as part of the ANGEL (aka. IRON ANGELS, and sometimes MIDNIGHT ANGELS, 1987-89) film series, which, as far as I'm aware, officially consists of just three films. But thanks to his posts we have the following info (I asked his permission before quoting his posts):

KILLER ANGELS was released as ANGEL 4

PRINCESS MADAM was released as ANGEL 5

FATAL TERMINATION was released as ANGEL 6

ANGEL'S PROJECT was released as ANGEL 7

THE AVENGING QUARTET was released as ANGEL 8

The link above is for Thai Poster Bliss' Instagram account and it's always cool to see and read the posts there. He recently showed the poster for a wild "girls with guns" film that a lot of us are familiar with, and he had this to say:

Dreaming the Reality
Hong Kong 🇭🇰
Artwork by Poj

Been trying to find my poster for “Angel 5”, which is actually Princess Madam AKA Under Police Protection, but I can’t locate it for the life of me.

In its place, I’ll share this Moon Lee/Yukari Oshima vehicle, which is almost as good as what I was looking for. While this one wasn’t marketed in Thailand as a direct sequel to the Angel series, the title makes some reference to the former. Instead of “Shred Tenderly,” the title translates to “Please Come, Beautiful…Please Don’t Shred.”

Something like that. It’s a tough one to translate.

Anyhow, this movie rocks, and lots of it was filmed in Chiang Mai, Thailand. My former home.

Great info, huh? And what a translation! "Shred Tenderly"- I love it! I wish that was the title it was commonly known by. Anyway, if you're interested in getting some Thai posters, with their gorgeous, painted colors, I highly recommend going here. I really dig that he credits the artists too. You don't see that enough these days on sites. He'll try to find stuff you're seeking, and he's a very nice dude. I've bought posters from him in the past and the service is superb.

18 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

17 hours ago, Yggdrasil said:

2 hours ago, De Ming Li said:

Angela, you're normally very sharp with faces but those two are almost a world apart! (All due respect to you :smile)

I get what she's saying, and I see the similarities too. Each of them has a rather specific Eurasian look to them.

Anyway... has anybody else had a chance to watch the film or special features yet?

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Knetan said:

"Princess Madam" was marketed as Part 4 of the Angel series in Germany.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

I get what she's saying, and I see the similarities too. Each of them has a rather specific Eurasian look to them.

A little game for those who doubt of my eyes. :monk_laughing:.

I confess that Waise Lee is recognizeable, yes, I made a mistake, or maybe it wasn't with the two others I mentioned that I mistook him and I didn't remember with who it was.

I still see some similarities in the following pictures. Name them in the right order.

Guess 1.jpg

Guess 2.jpg

Guess 3.jpg

• Like 1

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, lastninja said:

"Princess Madam" was marketed as Part 4 of the Angel series in Germany.

Just to keep things as confusing as possible. :tongue:

When I first started finding out about all the IN THE LINE OF DUTY movies and how the order and names differ from country to country I felt like my head was spinning a bit. I wonder if the extras/booklets in the recently released set and individual Blu-rays talk about this in detail? I got the 88 Films boxed set and also Eureka's Blu of YES, MADAM, watched the films, but haven't delved into the extras yet.

And now, back to Error 4444... :wink:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Knetan said:

Now enter the world of German re-titles where Full Contact is something else and the Cover Hard-series has a bunch of movies :)

Titles are not that hard to figure out but real trouble comes when trying to find reliable info of subtitle&audio options(=are english friendly or not).

One Armed Boxer
12 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

When I first started finding out about all the IN THE LINE OF DUTY movies and how the order and names differ from country to country I felt like my head was spinning a bit. I wonder if the extras/booklets in the recently released set and individual Blu-rays talk about this in detail?

I can’t speak for the current releases, but I can say that the booklet for ‘The Inspector Wears Skirts’ will definitely mention it.:smile

• Like 2

• Administrator
5 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

I can’t speak for the current releases, but I can say that the booklet for ‘The Inspector Wears Skirts’ will definitely mention it.:smile

Good to hear! I loved your writings in 88 Films' GOD OF GAMBLERS booklet. :thumbsup:bigsmile: It's very cool that you've been getting included in releases recently.

• Like 2

From their mailing list:

RUN AND KILL IS COMING SOON!

0e2a26a0-8c2d-03fd-3aa8-730d1556ef30.png

RELEASE UPDATE!

Hey All ~ As always, we just want to take a second to say thank you so much for subscribing and continuing to support our releases. It means the world and we can’t wait to show you what we have coming up next!

Currently, we’re working on dropping our RUN AND KILL pre-order this month along with one other title we’ve yet to announce. That’s right! A surprise title! Once discs are finished being authored, we’ll drop art and feature details for each film.  

In addition, we’ll have a few copies of our limited edition FATAL TERMINATION available when RUN AND KILL pre-orders go live, so for those who missed out, don’t resort to scalper prices just yet! Beyond that, we’ll have standard editions of FATAL TERMINATION available at some point.

As always, we’re hard at work on announced and unannounced films. We’re pushing to get a ton out next year, so hold tight. RED TO KILL is in the special feature stage and will be ready early 2024. CHALLENGE OF THE LADY NINJA, THRILLING BLOODY SWORD & IMPERIAL SWORD KILLING THE DEVIL are all being worked on as I type and should be finished by November, which means they’ll also be due in early 2024. All of these films look phenomenal. We’re incredibly proud. Check out some teasers and work-in-progress shots below!

Thanks! More soon!

RUN AND KILL
73d2e84f-5b5b-3466-6bef-048a4ef84632.png
0e3460e4-9679-c07e-1843-bc151f6a8c6b.png
b0b4e9ce-c2d7-8f3c-8ed8-d72dfcdc7733.png
5d12b866-1f40-c66a-48ca-7f955173876f.png

• Like 6
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, bickle14 said:

From their mailing list:

RUN AND KILL IS COMING SOON!

0e2a26a0-8c2d-03fd-3aa8-730d1556ef30.png

RELEASE UPDATE!

Hey All ~ As always, we just want to take a second to say thank you so much for subscribing and continuing to support our releases. It means the world and we can’t wait to show you what we have coming up next!

Currently, we’re working on dropping our RUN AND KILL pre-order this month along with one other title we’ve yet to announce. That’s right! A surprise title! Once discs are finished being authored, we’ll drop art and feature details for each film.  

In addition, we’ll have a few copies of our limited edition FATAL TERMINATION available when RUN AND KILL pre-orders go live, so for those who missed out, don’t resort to scalper prices just yet! Beyond that, we’ll have standard editions of FATAL TERMINATION available at some point.

As always, we’re hard at work on announced and unannounced films. We’re pushing to get a ton out next year, so hold tight. RED TO KILL is in the special feature stage and will be ready early 2024. CHALLENGE OF THE LADY NINJA, THRILLING BLOODY SWORD & IMPERIAL SWORD KILLING THE DEVIL are all being worked on as I type and should be finished by November, which means they’ll also be due in early 2024. All of these films look phenomenal. We’re incredibly proud. Check out some teasers and work-in-progress shots below!

Thanks! More soon!

RUN AND KILL
73d2e84f-5b5b-3466-6bef-048a4ef84632.png
0e3460e4-9679-c07e-1843-bc151f6a8c6b.png
b0b4e9ce-c2d7-8f3c-8ed8-d72dfcdc7733.png
5d12b866-1f40-c66a-48ca-7f955173876f.png

Bottom picture sold me. I don't know where its from. All pictures with pukka.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ironfistedmonk said:

Whats the lowdown on Run and Kill then, any good?

I'll buy it anyway without knowing anything about it.

I did the same for Fatal Termination and loved that with no spoilers.

• Like 1

Run and Kill is a Category III movie, has a little bit of nudity but mostly presents a pitch black comedic (to me) rollercoaster ride of escalating poor choices and poor luck for the main character. May be disturbing to some, may be wildly funny to others. It earns the Cat. III rating for violence and for setting fire to... persons. If you know you know.

• Like 1

Run and Kill is one of the highlights of the CAT 3 cinema. It does not stand behind such classics as Ebola Syndrome, The Untold Story, Dr. Lamb.... As knetan says for some of you it can be seen as a black comedy for others it is still a hit in the stomach.

• Like 2

It's also from the director of Dr. Lamb and Red To Kill so not only does it have an accomplished eye behind it. It also has a director who knows how to push buttons.

• Like 2

• Administrator
20 hours ago, ironfistedmonk said:

Whats the lowdown on Run and Kill then, any good?

It's an absolutely brutal thriller. Yes, it does have a very dark humor to it, but for instance, more like FIGHT CLUB humor than say AUSTIN POWERS. :tongue: This is a film that had me muttering stuff aloud like "Oh no... oh no!" and "Oh my God!" while I watched it. The second time I viewed it was with a friend, and his eyes were practically popping out at one point. Afterwards he was smiling, but shaking his head no and said "Ah man, why did you do that to me? This movie's ***ked up, and you're ***ked up for showing it to me. But... (laughing) it was good. But in a nasty, ***ked up kind of way." I recommend that you avoid trailers or reading anything about it.

• Like 4