The Error4444 Blu-ray Thread

Yihetuan

americanpzycho
5 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Fatal Termination ready to be shipped after Labor Day (Sept 4).

Screenshot_2023-08-31 Podcast On Fire Network Facebook.png

370204423_770356125098259_848437133034388992_n.jpg

Forgot I had this preordered because of all of the releases this year. I have a problem......

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

6 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Fatal Termination ready to be shipped after Labor Day (Sept 4).

Screenshot_2023-08-31 Podcast On Fire Network Facebook.png

370204423_770356125098259_848437133034388992_n.jpg

never seen this heard about it but never seen it I wonder if they have any other titles like this coming or any girls with guns?

1 hour ago, actionfan93 said:

never seen this heard about it but never seen it I wonder if they have any other titles like this coming or any girls with guns?

I don't believe so as they have already laid out their plans for their future releases which will take them the rest of the year and into 2024. The CAT III film, Run and Kill is next and Error 4444 has already shown a video teaser of it. It's going to be a 2K color corrected and restored print with both Mandarin and Cantonese audio options. After that they have an undisclosed Japanese film coming up along with another CAT III thriller in Red to Kill , then The Challenge of the Lady Ninja, Thrilling Bloody Sword and The Imperial Sword Killing the Devil.

Btw, in the Fatal Termination release one of the extra features that I'm most looking forward to is the interview with HK actor, stuntman, action choreographer Ridley Tsui with Mike Chan. He'll be sharing his insight and thoughts about that 'infamous' baby scene.

F2AjhNqaMAA_f0i.jpg

F2AjhOEaQAAx7Us.jpg

• Like 5
  • Buddha Bless You 1

8 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

I don't believe so as they have already laid out their plans for their future releases which will take them the rest of the year and into 2024.

I don`t see that as very bad news. Love guns with gals movies and while not often stare price tag, importing one title to EU with additional charges will be total like €70 so would not want to do that often. Still will get Run&Kill and while R2K is nasty movie and villain in the end turns to be damn tough scary m/f for that price don`t want to upgrade DVD.

5 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

What's the Error4444 name in reference too?

"Named after the unlucky nature of the number '4' in many Asian countries, Error 4444, is a Maryland-based film company dedicated to preserving the wild and obscure side of Asian cinema lost to North America. With an emphasis on crazy genre films, Error 4444 aims to further the reach of unheralded horror, cult, weird, sci-fi, action and exploitation films from Asian countries to change the perception of Asian genre film history and reintroduce forgotten gems in a new light. 

What does Error 4444 mean?

Our namesake is both a play on the archaic server hijacking that computers succumb to from time to time (Error 404) and a reference to the unlucky nature of the number '4' in many Asian countries. Having four fours is extra unlucky and the replication of those fours is meant to represent the horrors and forgotten films that we intend to unearth from many different parts of Asia to force you into watching with us."

https://error4444.bigcartel.com/about

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Anyone watch this yet? I received my copy but haven't had a chance to crack it open. There is some pushback about judder in the print.

Screenshot_2023-09-12 ѕнσgυη ѕυρяємє ( TimesSqKungFu) X.png

Screenshot_2023-09-12 ѕнσgυη ѕυρяємє on X.png

Screenshot_2023-09-12 ѕнσgυη ѕυρяємє on X(1).png

Edited by Yihetuan

Chemical Lemon
48 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

Anyone watch this yet? I received my copy but haven't had a chance to crack it open. There is some pushback about judder in the print.

Screenshot_2023-09-12 ѕнσgυη ѕυρяємє ( TimesSqKungFu) X.png

Screenshot_2023-09-12 ѕнσgυη ѕυρяємє on X.png

Screenshot_2023-09-12 ѕнσgυη ѕυρяємє on X(1).png

This was the first time I had seen the movie other than the few popular clips on YouTube. I did notice the shakiness but I wasn’t certain the cause and ultimately it didn’t bother me much and I forgot about it early on. The movie doesn’t look “great”, but for niche HK cinema I thought it looked good enough. I see where people could be annoyed given the price etc. that said I quite liked the movie, I had heard some suggestions that the movie wasn’t that great outside the few well known parts  But I thought it did enough to shake up the formula of these sorts of movies to make it worthwhile. 

Edited by Chemical Lemon
Replaced didn’t with did
  • Like 1

legendarycurry

Missed out on it sadly due to finances :( very interested in the ridley tsui interview. I always appreciated how frank he was on the Skinny Tiger HKL release, I believe he straight up said " Who gives a shit if I doubled sammo, so what?" or something like that. 

• Like 1

The print has debris and some scratches, but overall I didn't have an issue with it. I guess I can understand when they say "new 4K restoration" you would expect a pristine print.

Edited by bickle14
  • Like 2

The print didn’t bother me too much (though I understand why it might irk some). However, I was VERY let down by the film itself. I went in blind and, i’l be honest, I was expecting a bit of an action fest. Turns out it’s a solid crime drama with a pretty ballistic final fifteen minutes.

• Buddha Bless You 1

11 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

The print didn’t bother me too much (though I understand why it might irk some). However, I was VERY let down by the film itself. I went in blind and, i’l be honest, I was expecting a bit of an action fest. Turns out it’s a solid crime drama with a pretty ballistic final fifteen minutes.

Well not received my film yet but usually films without action would lead me to pick up my phone or not pay any attention to the film in general.

• Buddha Bless You 1

It`s fairly good, OK with that quality for a movie don`t own on dvd or never seen before. However considering how much these will cost to import because of taxes&international shipping for upgrade that is not enough. Have to think carefully when pre-order of Run&Kill will be launched do wait comments and go for standard edition later if it`s enough improvement over dvd.

Haven`t received either, tracking has not been updated since friday when item was in New York.

• Buddha Bless You 1

I didn't see what annoyed so much some people about the print, but for several minutes, there were some hissing noises in the sound. is it only me ?

I won't complain about anything, because I consider myself lucky to have got this movie that I had never heard of nor watched.

On the Thai poster, there is a number 6 mentioned after the title. does it mean that this movie belongs to a kind of series and if so, which one ?

At times, it was difficut for me to decide if I was looking at Simon Yam or at Ray Lui, they look similar for me.

• Like 1

• Administrator
3 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

I didn't see what annoyed so much some people about the print, but for several minutes, there were some hissing noises in the sound. is it only me ?

I won't complain about anything, because I consider myself lucky to have got this movie that I had never heard of nor watched.

On the Thai poster, there is a number 6 mentioned after the title. does it mean that this movie belongs to a kind of series and if so, which one ?

At times, it was difficut for me to decide if I was looking at Simon Yam or at Ray Lui, they look similar for me.

I have the FATAL TERMINATION release, but I haven't watched the whole thing yet and can't comment on the image jiggle. I tested it out to see that the disc plays and showed "that scene" to my wife who had the appropriate reaction. :tongue: But as far as how distracting it is or isn't, it's always subjective to each viewer. Personally, I'm used to watching a wide range of picture quality (sometimes so bad you might be looking at a scene and thinking that's either a couple passionately hugging or a bear caught in a phonebooth) having been viewing and collecting Asian cinema since the days of VHS, so I have a high tolerance in that regard. But bad or out-of-sync audio I just can't stomach.

I've no idea why there was a number 6 as part of the title on the Thai poster. I wonder if it was marketed there as part of a series, like IN THE LINE OF DUTY or something? I've asked a friend who may know. I'll post here if I find out.

Hmmm, I never noticed until you said that Simon Yam and Ray Lui look similar. But it's true, they could've played brothers.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

I'm in a Thai restaurant in town and I took the poster to get it translated. The shop owner said the Thai translation is 6 groups of people fighting together.

She also said she saw the film herself when she was 20, in Thailand.

• Like 3

Chemical Lemon
1 hour ago, Yggdrasil said:

I'm in a Thai restaurant in town and I took the poster to get it translated. The shop owner said the Thai translation is 6 groups of people fighting together.

She also said she saw the film herself when she was 20, in Thailand.

I watched it just like a week ago but I’m trying to break down the characters in the film into 6 groups. I think I have a solid 5 groups

Cops

Airport cops

Airport smugglers

Gun runners

Gun buyers

I’m trying to remember now if there was a second group of gun buyers or if I’m confusing that with another movie. Or if the 6th group is made up by splitting the airport smugglers into 2 groups (the top guy and the workers). Or if there was another group I’m not thinking of

Edited by Chemical Lemon
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Knetan said:

Thailand marketed it and other films as part of the Angel series. Hence the 6. Which films were four and five I can't say without doing research.

She wasn't the best at explaining. Maybe I should've asked her to write out the characters as my OCR software couldn't read the style of font.

The bottom set of characters is proper Thai script. 

Tried looking around the internet for Thai movie posters which I found a lot of, just not of the film in question and I have yet to find a Thai article about it. 

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1