The Error4444 Blu-ray Thread

Yihetuan

1 minute ago, sifu iron perm said:

Bloody hell every month keeps getting Expensive!

Tell me about it.

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

51 minutes ago, BLfan said:

Too expensive for me to ship to the UK. Look forward to the reviews from the ones that ordered it. 

True. But I ordered it anyway. It came to about $68, but seeing as I wouldn't be able to get it anywhere else, and they did a great job with the past two Cat 3 films, I just went ahead and clicked.

• Like 5
  • Buddha Bless You 1

ChillyChong
6 hours ago, Yggdrasil said:

True. But I ordered it anyway. It came to about $68, but seeing as I wouldn't be able to get it anywhere else, and they did a great job with the past two Cat 3 films, I just went ahead and clicked.

Same.$54 (no poster or car freshener for me)and additional VAT will follow. Expensive but no big deal. Nice that it has sold well, no doubt run&kill will do fine too.

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

1 hour ago, ChillyChong said:

Same.$54 (no poster or car freshener for me)and additional VAT will follow. Expensive but no big deal. Nice that it has sold well, no doubt run&kill will do fine too.

Yes, that's it. 54. I couldn't remember, or I paid little attention to it.

ChillyChong
30 minutes ago, Yggdrasil said:

Yes, that's it. 54. I couldn't remember, or I paid little attention to it.

I learned about this label late recently so missed limited editions of centipede and red spell.Saw standard ones are available now but will wait it WoWhd gets them(while I like asian horror those are not priority). If not before Run&Kill goes active then buy them from 4444. This year been crazy lots HK+european cult movies have been&will be released.

I perhaps got away too cheap in past because bought only very selected titles of Jackie, Samo and Yuen Biao. Besides Fatal Termination of course, movie most waiting now is Moment of romance from Radiance.

Edited by ChillyChong
  • Like 1

Super Ninja

FT has been selling like crazy, wasn't expecting this. Had to hurry and managed to preorder yesterday. Yeah, it's expensive (54$ for me as well, VAT excluded), but it's one of those releases I decided I just have to get. Have a friend in the UK though, who said anything above 40 per BR is too much for him. 

• Buddha Bless You 1

35 minutes ago, Super Ninja said:

FT has been selling like crazy, wasn't expecting this. Had to hurry and managed to preorder yesterday. Yeah, it's expensive (54$ for me as well, VAT excluded), but it's one of those releases I decided I just have to get. Have a friend in the UK though, who said anything above 40 per BR is too much for him. 

I no nothing of the film. I only bought it as @Yihetuan recommended it to me by saying it's a bonkers film.

I'll guess I see what it's about when it gets delivered.

• Like 3

I learned about this label late recently so missed limited editions of centipede and red spell.Saw standard ones are available now but will wait it WoWhd gets them(while I like asian horror those are not priority). If not before Run&Kill goes active then buy them from 4444. This year been crazy lots HK+european cult movies have been&will be released.

I perhaps got away too cheap in past because bought only very selected titles of Jackie, Samo and Yuen Biao. Besides Fatal Termination of course, movie most waiting now is Moment of romance from Radiance.

Wowhd will get them? I thought wowhd was Warner and their films were just burned onto a dvd-r.

ChillyChong
47 minutes ago, Yggdrasil said:

Wowhd will get them? I thought wowhd was Warner and their films were just burned onto a dvd-r.

You are thinking something else. Wowhd sells american imports and does not charge for shipping but you can pay extra if want items faster. With free shipping delivery takes usually 3-4 weeks. They still take VAT, but that is good as no need to hassle with customs here. Shipping from USA to europe is terrible expensive as you know so site like wow at least helps saving in those.

Edit; https://www.wowhd.co.uk/

Edited by ChillyChong
  • Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

You are thinking something else. Wowhd sells american imports and does not charge for shipping but you can pay extra if want items faster. With free shipping delivery takes usually 3-4 weeks. They still take VAT, but that is good as no need to hassle with customs here. Shipping from USA to europe is terrible expensive as you know so site like wow at least helps saving in those.

Edit; https://www.wowhd.co.uk/

No I'm not. I only bought The Blade, Blade of Fury and Pedicab Driver from that site, from the dvd section. I am signed up for notifications of other stuff, but only interested if Warner decides to release more Chinese films from their vault. Mainly Drunken Tai Chi.

I haven't really bothered for anything else and just bought from the main companies outside of Blighty. Still, if you say RSSR and CH are re-released, you should get them. They both have uncut and animals cruelty free versions on the same disc.

What's missing is audio commentary. Now that would be very interesting to hear.

I would have liked to hear the original Iban talking too from RSSR but this is a Chinese film afterall. It would go out of their budget if there were multiple languages in the film.

• Like 1

Super Ninja
2 hours ago, Yggdrasil said:

I no nothing of the film. I only bought it as @Yihetuan recommended it to me by saying it's a bonkers film.

I'll guess I see what it's about when it gets delivered.

This is a blind buy for me too, all I know is that infamous stunt scene with a kid. I'm actually waiting for what Error4444 has in store after FT, but this being HK action with Moon Lee, I figured I might as well start collecting their stuff from this one. 

• Like 1

ChillyChong
23 minutes ago, Super Ninja said:

This is a blind buy for me too, all I know is that infamous stunt scene with a kid. I'm actually waiting for what Error4444 has in store after FT, but this being HK action with Moon Lee, I figured I might as well start collecting their stuff from this one. 

FT is great movie, easily among better half of girls with guns movies I have seen. Not on level of Iron angels1&2 but superior to fe Angel Enforcers which I pre-ordered because so few GwG titles available now on Br. But that likely changes.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sifu iron perm said:

I missed out on the bundle! I totally forgot about the day of pre order.

I went to that site on the day of pre order, but only the slipcases were available. The others were sold out. I've no idea what they were as I took no notice if they were sold out. @Yihetuan said something about car air freshners.

As long as I've got it, that'll do for me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

sifu iron perm
22 minutes ago, Yggdrasil said:

I went to that site on the day of pre order, but only the slipcases were available. The others were sold out. I've no idea what they were as I took no notice if they were sold out. @Yihetuan said something about car air freshners.

As long as I've got it, that'll do for me.

And stickers!

• Like 2

Super Ninja

FT is great movie, easily among better half of girls with guns movies I have seen. Not on level of Iron angels1&2 but superior to fe Angel Enforcers which I pre-ordered because so few GwG titles available now on Br. But that likely changes.

That just justified my purchase, among better half of the genre should mean good enough for me to like it.

• Like 2

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
8 hours ago, Yggdrasil said:

I haven't really bothered for anything else and just bought from the main companies outside of Blighty. Still, if you say RSSR and CH are re-released, you should get them. They both have uncut and animals cruelty free versions on the same disc.

What's missing is audio commentary. Now that would be very interesting to hear.

Error 4444 had hired film expert Travis Crawford to do audio commentaries for RED SPELL SPELLS RED and CENTIPEDE HORROR, but sadly he passed away while still in the process of doing them. He died far too young, and I'll miss him. I believe RSSR was one of his faves of that genre, and his commentaries are always well-researched and interesting, so I'm sure it would've rocked. Both those releases do include booklets with a fascinating article by him.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

5 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

Error 4444 had hired film expert Travis Crawford to do audio commentaries for RED SPELL SPELLS RED and CENTIPEDE HORROR, but sadly he passed away while still in the process of doing them. He died far too young, and I'll miss him. I believe RSSR was one of his faves of that genre, and his commentaries are always well-researched and interesting, so I'm sure it would've rocked. Both those releases do include booklets with a fascinating article by him.

Thanks for that info @KUNG FU BOB. Yes, any audio commentary would've been grand to listen too. I don't know who Travis Crawford is, as he's not a well known name for me.

Booklets...I've just found the red/green envelopes of these films and I forgot all about them. This will certainly be an interesting read.

I'll do some research.

My only picture of an Iban longhouse from Boreno. Never under any circumstances eat chili with your fingers! You'll be in for a big surprise!!! 🤣

Edit- The books were very interesting. Shame his audio, although finished, was now lost upon his passing.

I read that other insect inducing films came out in other parts of Asia, like Leech Wizard - Dukun Lintah. Think I'll be hard to watch that without subs.

IMG_3195.jpg

Edited by Yggdrasil
  • Like 2

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
5 hours ago, Yggdrasil said:

Thanks for that info @KUNG FU BOB. Yes, any audio commentary would've been grand to listen too. I don't know who Travis Crawford is, as he's not a well known name for me.

Booklets...I've just found the red/green envelopes of these films and I forgot all about them. This will certainly be an interesting read.

I'll do some research.

My only picture of an Iban longhouse from Boreno. Never under any circumstances eat chili with your fingers! You'll be in for a big surprise!!! 🤣

Edit- The books were very interesting. Shame his audio, although finished, was now lost upon his passing.

I read that other insect inducing films came out in other parts of Asia, like Leech Wizard - Dukun Lintah. Think I'll be hard to watch that without subs.

IMG_3195.jpg

I met Travis when he was the "Danger After Dark" genre film programmer for the Philadelphia Film Festival. We hit it off right away. He booked stuff like HAUTE TENSION, VERSUS, THE DESCENT, OLDBOY, SUICIDE CLUB, STRANGE CIRCUS, A TALE OF TWO SISTERS, SURVIVE STYLE 5+, INTIMATE CONFESSIONS OF A CHINESE COURTESAN, THE 36TH CHAMBER OF SHAOLIN, and THE ONE-ARMED SWORDSMAN for the festival (just to name a handful), and it was a joy to see these in the theater.

He's done audio commentaries for THE MIGHTY PEKING MAN (Shawscope Vol. 1), THE BOXER'S OMEN & THE 36TH CHAMBER OF SHAOLIN (Shawscope Vol. 2), DAWN OF THE DEAD, and MARTIN (Second Sight releases), HELL IN THE PACIFIC (Kino Lorber), THE CRAZIES (Arrow release), DEATHDREAM, BASKET CASE, THE BEYOND, SUSPIRIA, and more.

Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64vufXeX5ug

• Like 5
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Fatal Termination is 80% sold out. You better hurry if you haven't pre-ordered yet.

Has anyone found out which movie the super secret Japanese movie is?

pic2.webp.09e50e45368e5b14569831f5cd33a821.webpsuper-secret-japanese-film.webp.a59658f694314fe91f36c428518e8caa.webp

• Like 1

I just preordered Fatal Termination. I wasnt really in girls with guns movies, but I recently watched a few, including Mission of condor, and as I'm a big fan of Moon Lee, I couldn't let pass it. Only 140 (139, since I bought mine) for the cover 2, and it was mentioned 100 for the cover 1.

• Like 1

actionfan93
2 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

I just preordered Fatal Termination. I wasnt really in girls with guns movies, but I recently watched a few, including Mission of condor, and as I'm a big fan of Moon Lee, I couldn't let pass it. Only 140 (139, since I bought mine) for the cover 2, and it was mentioned 100 for the cover 1.

I pre-ordered it based on reviews but I was surprised how quickly it was selling out on the site now over 90 percent are sold of slipcover 1 and 85 percent are sold out of slip cover 2 once those are sold out that's everything I do wish a remastered blu ray version of Mission of Condor comes in the future but so far haven't seen anything of the sort out there but I do think with these girls with guns selling the Angel Trilogy and probably Killer Angels are somewhere in the pipeline in the near future maybe even others such as devil hunters and Angel Terminators 2 hopefully

• Like 2

well devil hunters I have the French blu-ray so that's done already. Unfortunately, not English friendly. Must mean it's coming somewhere in the English world one day. Same for Angel Terminators 1 and 2.

Iron Angels, on the other hand... (and the whole trilogy)

Still waiting! It has been remastered somewhere because Chinese websites have 4K streams and it looks great. Just no one has secured English rights yet