The Error4444 Blu-ray Thread

Yihetuan

Yihetuan
5 hours ago, ShawAngela said:
6 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

It wasn't an extra movie, it was the same movie but an alternate version. I can't remember the remote sequence off hand but you need to select the error4444 poster to access it in the extras menu.

Ah, ok, maybe I saw it, then, but I don' t remember, thanks.

ok, I'm an idiot. My remote was low on batteries and didn't even realize that's why I couldn't move the arrow. So I replaced the batteries and discovered the 'easter egg' on Run & Kill is the Japanese VHS with hard coded Japanese subs (English on top) , 4:3 full screen.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

As a contributor (the audio commentary on Run and Kill) and for an upcoming title I can say with certainty that I... don't know either. We just deliver the audio thing :)

Edited by Knetan
  • Haha 4

Yihetuan
9 minutes ago, Knetan said:

As a contributor (the audio commentary on Run and Kill) and an upcoming title I can say with certainty that I... don't know either. We just deliver the audio thing :)

I'll have to go back & take a look at your podcast back catalog & make an educated guess.

• Like 1

We haven't even mildly teased the title we're doing next. We delivered that commentary a few months ago, working on a new one now. You're welcome to listen back but there's nothing there :)

• Like 1

Yihetuan

I was thinking about picking up Sogo Ishii's Crazy Family from Third Windows but this completely changes things.

The Crazy Family New Art Limited Edition

$36.00 — Coming soon

PRE-ORDER / COMING SOON
REGION FREE = A / B / C

The Crazy Family | 逆噴射家族
(1984)
Director: Gakuryū (formerly Sōgo) Ishii

The Kobayashi family finally are able to move out of their tiny, cramped Tokyo apartment to the suburban house of their dreams. But things are not as perfect as they seem: the house is infested by termites and the family starts going crazy. As the Kobayashis’ house begins to crumble, so does the sanity of its inhabitants. Katsuhiko takes it upon himself to keep them from the asylum…at any cost.

THE CRAZY FAMILY – Collector’s Edition NEW ART Slipcover Limited to 750 Units
Limited Contents:
-1x Double-Sided Slipcover w/ NEW Artwork from Alexis Ziritt
-1x Booklet with Essay by Amber Tegan + Photos + Old Ad Artwork
-3x Stickers
-1x Reversible Artwork Blu Ray Sleeve
*Slipcovers Are Double Walled O-Cards 18pt Stock with Matte Finish and Spot UV Gloss*

Special Features
• Director Approved Remaster From The Original Negatives
• Feature Length Audio Commentary by Tom Mes
• Director Gakuryū (formerly Sōgo) Ishii interview
• “The Crazy Family: Sogo Ishii’s Wild Child” Video essay by James Balmont
• New English Subtitles

Screenshot 2024-04-02 at 21-41-42 The Crazy Family Retro Art Limited Edition.png

Screenshot 2024-04-02 at 21-41-54 The Crazy Family New Art Limited Edition.png

• Like 2

Yggdrasil
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

I was thinking about picking up Sogo Ishii's Crazy Family from Third Windows but this completely changes things.

The Crazy Family New Art Limited Edition

$36.00 — Coming soon

PRE-ORDER / COMING SOON
REGION FREE = A / B / C

The Crazy Family | 逆噴射家族
(1984)
Director: Gakuryū (formerly Sōgo) Ishii

The Kobayashi family finally are able to move out of their tiny, cramped Tokyo apartment to the suburban house of their dreams. But things are not as perfect as they seem: the house is infested by termites and the family starts going crazy. As the Kobayashis’ house begins to crumble, so does the sanity of its inhabitants. Katsuhiko takes it upon himself to keep them from the asylum…at any cost.

THE CRAZY FAMILY – Collector’s Edition NEW ART Slipcover Limited to 750 Units
Limited Contents:
-1x Double-Sided Slipcover w/ NEW Artwork from Alexis Ziritt
-1x Booklet with Essay by Amber Tegan + Photos + Old Ad Artwork
-3x Stickers
-1x Reversible Artwork Blu Ray Sleeve
*Slipcovers Are Double Walled O-Cards 18pt Stock with Matte Finish and Spot UV Gloss*

Special Features
• Director Approved Remaster From The Original Negatives
• Feature Length Audio Commentary by Tom Mes
• Director Gakuryū (formerly Sōgo) Ishii interview
• “The Crazy Family: Sogo Ishii’s Wild Child” Video essay by James Balmont
• New English Subtitles

Screenshot 2024-04-02 at 21-41-42 The Crazy Family Retro Art Limited Edition.png

Screenshot 2024-04-02 at 21-41-54 The Crazy Family New Art Limited Edition.png

After watching the trailer, 750 people would snap this film up pretty sharpish. It would be like trying to buy a Glastonbury ticket.

Edited by Yggdrasil
  • Like 2

One Armed Boxer
3 hours ago, Yggdrasil said:

After watching the trailer, 750 people would snap this film up pretty sharpish.

Each of the 4 cover variations has a print run of 750, so it’s actually 3000 in total. Your chances just quadrupled!

• Like 2

Yggdrasil
25 minutes ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Each of the 4 cover variations has a print run of 750, so it’s actually 3000 in total. Your chances just quadrupled!

Unless of course the film is released when I'm in The Philippines and unabled to redirect/pick up my package.

• Sad 1

Yihetuan
2 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Only going to be 1500 for me as I only have my eyes on the "retro" art covers as the "new" art ones don't appeal to me at all.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

I'm a little confused. The image above says "retro art side A & side B" and "new art side A & side B". So isn't that two cover variations (with front & back sides = side A & B), not four? Or I'm a misreading it?

• Like 2

Yihetuan
23 minutes ago, Takuma said:

I'm a little confused. The image above says "retro art side A & side B" and "new art side A & side B". So isn't that two cover variations (with front & back sides = side A & B), not four? Or I'm a misreading it?

You're correct. I believe posting the 4 pics with the prices was what confused me. So 1500 total copies divided evenly between the retro & new art.

• Like 2

Yihetuan

Pre-orders for the bundle of 3 films begins this Friday at 12 EST

Screenshot 2024-04-29 at 10-13-45 Error4444 (@Error44442) _ X.png

• Like 1

lastninja

I'm only interested in the Hong Kong stuff. Why isn't there an edition of "Red To Kill" with all the extras for this film (lobby cards, posters, etc.)? It's a shame, but USD 150.00 is too much for two films that I can't do anything with.

Yihetuan
Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, lastninja said:

I'm only interested in the Hong Kong stuff. Why isn't there an edition of "Red To Kill" with all the extras for this film (lobby cards, posters, etc.)? It's a shame, but USD 150.00 is too much for two films that I can't do anything with.

I'm also holding out for just the individual pre-orders as I don't need all the extras like keychains and multiple slipcovers.

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 1

ChillyChong
12 hours ago, ironfistedmonk said:

So whats Red to Kill like? 

It drags a bit at times, felt too many scenes with mental patients. Villain is beast, particularly in the end. Have to skip upgrading dvd to br for now, have no issues with price tag of 36$ but additional costs for international orders make it too expensive for upgrade. Maybe standard edition one day combined to something like mission kill etc...that cover B is disgusting, A is fine.

13 hours ago, ironfistedmonk said:

So whats Red to Kill like? 

It's one of the extreme ones, from the director of Dr. Lamb and Rung And Kill. Superbly filmed, sync sound, perhaps not the most subtle social commentary and depiction of the mentally challenged. Not to mention the core plot being all kinds of wrong. But if you have the stomach for the intensity, this is a pretty great Category III film that will probably leave you shattered afterwards. Lily Chung deserved a Hong Kong Film Award nomination for her role.

• Like 5

Yggdrasil
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Knetan said:

It's one of the extreme ones, from the director of Dr. Lamb and Rung And Kill. Superbly filmed, sync sound, perhaps not the most subtle social commentary and depiction of the mentally challenged. Not to mention the core plot being all kinds of wrong. But if you have the stomach for the intensity, this is a pretty great Category III film that will probably leave you shattered afterwards. Lily Chung deserved a Hong Kong Film Award nomination for her role.

I haven't been disturbed by any Cat 3 film yet, so I'm intrigued.

Edited by Yggdrasil
  • Confused 1

Knetan

This one hits more dramatically and the scenes of sexual violence are pretty depraved and raw. Within that slick and stylishly shot frame by Tang's regular cinematographer. 

Yggdrasil
2 hours ago, Knetan said:

This one hits more dramatically and the scenes of sexual violence are pretty depraved and raw. Within that slick and stylishly shot frame by Tang's regular cinematographer. 

So a bit like Ichi The Killer then? That was a bit rough to watch, let alone to act.