Polite Society (2023) - Priya Kansara, Ritu Arya, Shobu Kapoor, Akshay Khanna

AlbertV

Priya Kansara plays Ria Khan, an aspiring stunt performer, who believes that she must save her older sister Lena (Ritu Arya) from her impending marriage. After enlisting her friends' help, she attempts to pull off the most ambitious of all wedding heists, in the name of independence and sisterhood in this British action-comedy from writer/director Nida Manzoor. Coming to theaters on April 28 from Focus Features.

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 5

One part of me is like, "This looks like it might be interesting" the other part is like, " Hmm, I really doubt it." I'm very conflicted. lol 

• Like 2

Colonel Mortimer

Surprised I hadn't seen any discussion on this movie yet, here.  Released this weekend, saw it in theaters, had a blast with it.  Very funny, great performances, kickass villain, and 100% a martial arts movie.  Main character trains in martial arts and her goal in life is to be a stuntman.  Lots of great hand to hand fighting, just an overall fun time.  I really enjoyed it. 8.5/10

• Like 2

ShaOW!linDude

This sounds familiar. Think I remember seeing a trailer for this a while back. Is this an Indonesian or Bollywood movie?

Colonel Mortimer
32 minutes ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

This sounds familiar. Think I remember seeing a trailer for this a while back. Is this an Indonesian or Bollywood movie?

It's a mostly Indian cast, set in the UK.  I don't think it was a production out of India, so I don't think it would be considered Bollywood.  (I'll admit I don't know much about Bollywood)

Edited by Colonel Mortimer
  • Like 2

One Armed Boxer
8 hours ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

Is this an Indonesian or Bollywood movie?

Neither, it’s British.

• Like 3

Polite Society is getting a U.S. Blu-ray/DVD from Studio Distribution Services on June 20, 2023. Rotten Tomatoes ratings is 90% from critics and 84% from audiences; 4 stars on Prime Video. I was thinking about getting one of the movie posters (2 sisters in fighting poses), but the t-shirts also look pretty good. 

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Polite-Society-Blu-ray/338077/ 

• Like 2