Is Liu Chia-liang a bit of a d*ck?

J.J. Hayden

I remember this arrogant bastard Mark Houghton bragging about how no Chinese martial artist will defeat him due to the physical differences between Asian and European physiques LOL

So Lau Kar-leung was an a**hole, Lam Ching-ying hated white people, blah blah...they all had their faults especially if you read about their personal lives but they were awesome to me where it counts and that's onscreen and in their films.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Graeme Of Death said:

Where did the story of Lam Ching Ying hating white people come from?

Maybe something got lost in translation.

LCY: I hate those pale ass vampires!

Translator: Well we'll change pale to hmmmmm cream? beige? Ah white will do and as for the vampires, I've never seen one of those so we'll change that to people. SEND IT TO PRINT!!!!

:P

Graeme Of Death

I don't really mind if LKL is a bit of a dick or Lam Ching Ying is a racist. It's best to separate the art from the artist.

I would cry if I hear Yuen Biao isn't the nicest bloke ever though :)

5 hours ago, Graeme Of Death said:

Where did the story of Lam Ching Ying hating white people come from?

He snubbed Bey Logan on a film set, saying "I don't talk to round eyes!"  Read it in a 1991 Eastern Heroes issues back in the analog fandom days.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dionbrother said:

He snubbed Bey Logan on a film set, saying "I don't talk to round eyes!"  Read it in a 1991 Eastern Heroes issues back in the analog fandom days.

X48ZpMn.png

Well come on, I can kind of see what he means..............

• Haha 4

Graeme Of Death
Just now, Graeme Of Death said:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1079657664111

This mentions some interview with Bey Logan,. I've had a look for it but can't actually see it on any facebook or youtube page.

By 1996 he must have got over his round eyes prejudice though. Bey Logan in the old HKL commentaries always speaks highly of him unlike a few others so I think Lam Ching Ying's probably no that bad :)

28 minutes ago, Graeme Of Death said:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1079657664111

This mentions some interview with Bey Logan,. I've had a look for it but can't actually see it on any facebook or youtube page.

By 1996 he must have got over his round eyes prejudice though.

yeah, he did an interview Q&A with Bey just a year before his death. Bey later concluded it was due to a misunderstanding. People assumed LCY continued to not like Westerners because he didn't want anything to do with an American version of Mr. Vampire (If I recall it was supposed to star Jack Scalia and Tanya Roberts). But apparently, LCY didn't recall ever agreeing to do that movie in the first place or something and nothing to do with having to act with Westerners. He even lived in Canada for awhile but returned to HK. He sent his kids to the US and was eventually buried there as well. This interview is still available on tapatalk but I forgot the link?

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Graeme Of Death said:

I would cry if I hear Yuen Biao isn't the nicest bloke ever though :)

I hear he likes to torture little baby kittens! Also he's a fan of tripping up old ladies then using their walking sticks to beat them with and using the blood as a condiment for his chips on a Friday.

*PANDAS LAWYER - MR STICKY BUNS: ALLEGEDLY.*

Those tears flowing yet?

jackie-chan-crying.gif

:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1