Winnie-the-Pooh: Blood and Honey (2023) Amber Doig-Thorne, Craig David Dowsett, Chris Cordell, Nikolai Leon

AlbertV

So if you missed some crazy movie news last year, it was announced that A.A. Milne's original character of Winnie-the-Pooh is now in public domain (not Disney's different look of the character) from the first novel. British filmmaker Rhys Frake-Waterfield (The Killing Tree, Firenado) wrote and filmed a horror movie take of the character in which he and Piglet, after being abandoned by Christopher Robin in the Hundred Acre Woods, go feral and begin a killing spree. The buzz gained some uproar within the horror community and the film is finally coming to select theaters on February 15, 2023. 

MV5BZDUwNDY1M2QtYmI2Zi00NmFmLTkzNzMtOTg4

And be prepared because Frake-Waterfield and collaborator Scott Jeffrey have other plans for other horror film adaptations of classic literary characters, including Bambi and Peter Pan in the near future because their original source novels will be going to public domain this year. 

• Like 2

Okay time to let the elephant out. I watched the film last weekend. Rented it from Amazon Prime. I have to tell you, it's my favorite horror film of the year so far. Pooh, played by Craig David Dowsett is great, as he kidnaps and tortures a now adult Christopher Robin but when a group of women come to the house near the 100 Acre Wood for a weekend of R and R, it's killing time...best kill is a Toxic Avenger-style head crushing scene. 

Considering the budget and box office, a sequel is definitely happening I'm sure. 

• Like 2

legendarycurry

I haven't seen either, but I find the fact that Cocaine Bear was praised and this getting critically panned was very strange. They are both silly bear horror flicks not meant to be taken seriously.

Gonna check this one out.

• Like 2

Drunken Monk
1 hour ago, AlbertV said:

Okay time to let the elephant out. I watched the film last weekend. Rented it from Amazon Prime. I have to tell you, it's my favorite horror film of the year so far. Pooh, played by Craig David Dowsett is great, as he kidnaps and tortures a now adult Christopher Robin but when a group of women come to the house near the 100 Acre Wood for a weekend of R and R, it's killing time...best kill is a Toxic Avenger-style head crushing scene. 

Considering the budget and box office, a sequel is definitely happening I'm sure. 

How gory is it, exactly? I really want to watch it but don't think I can stomach a Winnie the Pooh slasher unless it's hyper violent.

53 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

How gory is it, exactly? I really want to watch it but don't think I can stomach a Winnie the Pooh slasher unless it's hyper violent.

Oh it's pretty violent...the head crushing scene is freaking amazing! There are also loads of skeletons in the film, which implies just one thing...especially with the animated intro to the film describing why Pooh and the rest went feral after Christopher Robin left. 

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

Drunken Monk
11 minutes ago, AlbertV said:

Oh it's pretty violent...the head crushing scene is freaking amazing! There are also loads of skeletons in the film, which implies just one thing...especially with the animated intro to the film describing why Pooh and the rest went feral after Christopher Robin left. 

I’ll give it a spin!

I watched the first movie to see what the buzz was all about, and the fact that it was a horror version of a children's cartoon... Absolutely terrible!

Edited by DiP
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

DarthKato
On 5/2/2023 at 6:57 PM, DiP said:

I watched the first movie to see what the buzz was all about, and the fact that it was a horror version of a children's cartoon... Absolutely terrible!

Was it a entertaining kind of bad or just bad?  

sifu iron perm
On 5/2/2023 at 11:57 PM, DiP said:

and the ending just ended..poor delivery! lol

ran out of budget!

16 hours ago, DarthKato said:

Was it a entertaining kind of bad or just bad?  

It's just a bad movie overall.

• Like 2