Sequels

Guest pcshawbros

Guest pcshawbros

Apologies if this has already been discussed as well. Can you folks name the sequels (in chronological movie order - not when it was made). Here's what I've come up with:

- 36th Chamber of Shaolin, Return to the 36th Chamber, Disciples of the 36th Chamber

- Angel with Iron Fists, Angel Strikes Again

- Brave Archer I, II, III, Brave Archer and His Mate, Little Dragon Maiden (indirect)

- Blue and the Black I, II

- Boxer from Shantung, Man of Iron (sort of)

- Bastard Swordsman, Return of the Bastard Swordsman

- Black Magic I, II, III

- Come Drink with Me, Golden Swallow

- Chinese Boxer, Return of the Chinese Boxer

- Clans of Intrigue, Legend of the Bat, Perils of the Sentimental Swordsman (and 1 more ...)

- Duel of Fists, Angry Guest

- Emperor Chien Lung, Adventures of Emp Chien Lung, Voyage of Emp Chien Lung, Emp Chien Lung and the Beauty

- Empress Dowager, Last Tempest

- Executioners from Shaolin, Clan of the White Lotus

- Flying Guillotine I, II, Vengeful Beauty

- Hex, Hex After Hex, Hex Vs Witchcraft

- Heaven Sword & Dragon Sabre I, II, Hidden Power of Dragon Sabre

- Magic Blade, Pursuit of Vengeance

- Mr Funnybone, Mr. Funnybone Strikes Again

- Monkey Goes West, Princess Iron Fan, Cave of Silken Web, Land of Many Perfumes

- One Armed Swordsman, Return of the One Armed Swordsman

- Spiritual Boxer, Shadow Boxer (indirect)

- Tea House, Big Brother Cheng, Big Bad Sis

- Temple of the Red Lotus, Twin Swords, Sword and the Lute

- Amorous Lotus Pan, ...

-- Tiger Killer, Delightful Forest

-- Water Margin, All Men Are Brothers

I'm sure there are plenty I missed...

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest VonHumboldtFleischer

There's the whole Shaolin temple cycle with MEN FROM THE MONASTERY, SHAOLIN TEMPLE, FIVE SHAOLIN MASTERS, HEROES TWO, etc., although I'll be god-damned if I'm going to figure out what order they come in.

Guest VonHumboldtFleischer

Hmm. I wonder if a lot of those Chu Yuan/Ku Lung movies could be considered sequels, with all their overlapping characters and clans.

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

The Tiger Killer, The Delightful Forest, The Water Margin, All Men Are Brothers in that order I believe.

Guest venomchamber

Actually, the Shaw's third Black Magic installment became THE SEEDING OF A GHOST and has nothing to do with the prior two films with Ti Lung and Lo Lieh. (This film more resembles The Boxer's Omen instead, but is not tied to that either.)

The Tiger Killer, The Delightful Forest, The Water Margin, All Men Are Brothers in that order I believe.

...beginning with the original AMOROUS LOTUS PAN which started off the whole Wu Song story.

TIGER KILLER is Li Han-Hsiang's remake of that film. ;)

Guest DAJIZZARIZZA

"I WOULD LIKE TO RE-OPEN THIS POST"

This is very interesting because some people are making connections that i could not catch... some are wrong and some are funny to note.

i thought out of these :

The Tiger Killer, The Delightful Forest, The Water Margin, All Men Are Brothers

that The Delightful Forest was the third of The Water Margin, All Men Are Brothers

ALSO

you guys left out the The Empress Dowager series,..One arm swordsman series,..and then the master killer series.

and i think "The Kung Fu Instructor" and "The Master Strikes Back" is connected.

i think we should keep building on this post ,.. it's a good one.

Then i thought this series was:

Magic Blade was released 1976

(when did he go from blade to fan ?)

Clans of Intrigue was released 1977

Legend of the Bat was released 1978

Sentimental Swordsman was released 1977

Return Of The Sentimental Swordsman was released 1980

Perils Of The Sentimental Swordsman was released 1982

and i do not see ant connection with brave archer 4 and the so called 5th ?

Guest killer meteor

Return Of The Chinese Boxer is not a Shaw and has nothing to do with that film. The title though, is the original export one rather than a video re-title ala Secret Rivals 3 or Shaolin Temple 4

that The Delightful Forest was the third of The Water Margin, All Men Are Brothers

Delightful Forest takes place just prior to Ti Lung's character appearing as the monk in Water Margin and All Men..., so it is actually the second part of the "series."

and i think "The Kung Fu Instructor" and "The Master Strikes Back" is connected.

Yes, Ti Lung is meant to be the same person. What a strange back to back combo of films to watch though.

Then i thought this series was:

Magic Blade was released 1976

(when did he go from blade to fan ?)

Clans of Intrigue was released 1977

Legend of the Bat was released 1978

They are different series. Magic Blade has a sequel called Persuit of Vengence, which source-wise is actually the prequel. :) Clans..., Legend..., and Perils of the Sentimental Swordsman (yes, it's a long story) make up the other series. For some reason, I feel like I'm missing a film there.

Guest killer meteor

I'd argue that Heroes Two and Men From The Monastary form a joint film, as they were very close together in release, and they link into each other - Fang Shi-yu's story in Men From The Monastary links into and is referenced in Heroes Two. The Hung Hsi-kuan story comes after Heroes Two

Guest CLFNole

I am not sure about Kung Fu Instructor and Master Strikes Back being related as the name of the character is different in two films. Seems like a similar character but the character in KI didn't have a son.

Archived