Avatar: The Way of Water (2022) - James Cameron

laagi

10 minutes ago, DarthKato said:

Man, that reminds me that I need to finally see Costner's Robin Hood. I such a big fan of Robin Hood, I have no idea why I haven't seen it yet.

It's not a very serious film, but god is it tons of fun. Used to watch it all the time as a kid. The score is great too, some of Michael Kamen's finest music.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, thekfc said:

The furthest south I have been is Bohol & Cebu.

My few trips to the PI, I (we) mainly stayed in Luzon - Taguig, Makati, Pasig, Pasay, Pangasinan, Baguio,

For Luzon, I've been to the capital, Pasig, Tarlac, Baguio, Sagada, Kalinga, Tinglayan, Bontoc, Vigan, Laoag, Batangas, Taal  volcano, Naga city, Legaspi City, Matnog

Samar/Leyte
Allen, Tacloban city, Ormoc city, Maasin City.

Visayas
Cebu city, Bogo, lapu-lapu, Talisay, Malapascua Island, Carcar, Sibonga, Maolbaol, Santander.
Dumagette, Bacolod, Silay, Iloilo city, Puerto Galera, Romblom islands, El Nido,

Mindanao
Gingoog, Cagayan De Ora, iligan city, Dipolog city, Pagadian city, lake Sebu, Korandal city (Marbel), General Santos.

Edited by Yggdrasil
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Yggdrasil said:

For Luzon, I've been to the capital, Pasig, Tarlac, Baguio, Sagada, Kalinga, Tinglayan, Bontoc, Vigan, Laoag, Batangas, Taal  volcano, Naga city, Legaspi City, Matnog

Samar/Leyte
Allen, Tacloban city, Ormoc city, Maasin City.

Visayas
Cebu city, Bogo, lapu-lapu, Talisay, Malapascua Island, Carcar, Sibonga, Maolbaol, Santander.
Dumagette, Bacolod, Silay, Iloilo city, Puerto Galera, Romblom islands, El Nido,

Mindanao
Gingoog, Cagayan De Ora, iligan city, Dipolog city, Pagadian city, lake Sebu, Korandal city (Marbel), General Santos.

Sweet!!!

That is a nice number of places you have visited.

There are other places in The PI that I have visited but I didn't list them as they were "just passing thru" or short:

Manila City - Rizal Park, Intramuros, Quiapo Church, Ocean Park.

Binondo -they folks I was with just wanted to "get in to buy what they wanted & get out.", Didn't really get to visit the Chinatown there.

Quezon City - unfortunately only pass thru mainly the squatter areas. I would like to do an extend stay there as I saw some beautiful houses/places in some parts of that city.

San Juan - It was a flash, we drove in an about 5 minutes later we were already out. :speechless

A lot of other places were just drive thus on the way to other locations. 

My wife (& son) have been there a few times without me, a couple of planned trips to the PI, SEA & Japan have been cancelled (postponed) due to travel restrictions  - hopefully we get to travel again in the next year or 2.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, thekfc said:

Sweet!!!

That is a nice number of places you have visited.

There are other places in The PI that I have visited but I didn't list them as they were "just passing thru" or short:

Manila City - Rizal Park, Intramuros, Quiapo Church, Ocean Park.

Binondo -they folks I was with just wanted to "get in to buy what they wanted & get out.", Didn't really get to visit the Chinatown there.

Quezon City - unfortunately only pass thru mainly the squatter areas. I would like to do an extend stay there as I saw some beautiful houses/places in some parts of that city.

San Juan - It was a flash, we drove in an about 5 minutes later we were already out. :speechless

A lot of other places were just drive thus on the way to other locations. 

My wife (& son) have been there a few times without me, a couple of planned trips to the PI, SEA & Japan have been cancelled (postponed) due to travel restrictions  - hopefully we get to travel again in the next year or 2.

There's probably many places I missed too. Like the golden mosque in Manila. Some real spicy Islamic food there which was a surprise I haven't found anything spicy to eat there. Not even Bicol express was spicy.

I'll have to upload my ph pictures to the Asian retire thread. I'd like to see yours too, to see it from your perspective.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Yggdrasil said:

I'll have to upload my ph pictures to the Asian retire thread. I'd like to see yours too, to see it from your perspective.

I did upload some but they were lost the last time the site went down.

I will upload some in the future, very likely to a dedicated thread so we folks do not de-rail other topics.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, J.J. Hayden said:

It's not a very serious film, but god is it tons of fun. Used to watch it all the time as a kid. The score is great too, some of Michael Kamen's finest music.

Have you seen the Mel Brooks parody of Costner’s Robin Hood called “Robin Hood: Men in Tights” starring Cary Elwes? That is another movie that was a lot of fun. I used to rent in all the time back in the day. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DarthKato said:

Have you seen the Mel Brooks parody of Costner’s Robin Hood called “Robin Hood: Men in Tights” starring Cary Elwes?

I'm not sure if I saw it as a kid, but it's on the list...the list that's been put on hold for 3months so far while I research Korean stuff, I've got Paths Of Glory waiting for me, looking forward to finally watching that.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, J.J. Hayden said:

I've got Paths Of Glory waiting for me, looking forward to finally watching that.

That's the Kubrick film right? I heard good things about it, but haven't seen it yet. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DarthKato said:

That's the Kubrick film right? I heard good things about it, but haven't seen it yet.

Yes, same here. I don't know how I'd missed it for so long.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, J.J. Hayden said:

Yes, same here. I don't know how I'd missed it for so long.

With so many movies to watch, and more coming out everyday, some are bound to go unnoticed. On my "To-Watch" list, I'm still at around 30-40 movies(I keep adding to it), and that isn't counting my "To-Buy" list that has around 30 more movies. lol 

• Like 2