Ang Lee Directing a new Bruce Lee Biopic starring his son Mason

AlbertV

On another note...

Why has nobody attempted a biopic about the late Brandon Lee?

As far as I know the estate doesn't own his name or whatever. Or have they acquired this "property" as well?

It would also give a chance to shine a different light on Bruce Lee's career as a father. Something I rarely hear or read about.

Or anybody know if something like this was/is in the works? I'm really not keeping track or up to date any more with the Lee family.

• Like 3

I want to see a movie about Shannon but that might be too scary. 'Critics call it the scariest Horror movie of all time! :crying

• Like 1

On 12/2/2022 at 2:52 PM, Cognoscente said:

I like that approach. The titles could be A Dragon is Born, The Dragon Rises, and The Dragon's Fire.

If you wanna make a good biopic, there's no other way than doing it like this. There's so much to tell that you can't make a 2 hour movie like  "Dragon: The Bruce Lee story".

• Like 2

Will this be another glossed over version or re-imagining/repackaging of his life and personailty?, or will dig it a bit deeper?.

TigerCage1990
15 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Will this be another glossed over version or re-imagining/repackaging of his life and personailty?, or will dig it a bit deeper?.

As long as the Bruce Lee estate is involved then i;m afraid it maybe just another biopic.  It would be nice to see one that show's Bruce Lee not so much the legendary super human that they have brought to fans to believe.  

• Like 3

On 11/30/2022 at 11:42 PM, Cognoscente said:

If this project had been announced in 2019, it would have been obvious that Shannon Lee wanted to undo the damage that she perceived Quentin Tarantino as doing.

If this project had been announced in 2021, it would have been obvious that Shannon was trying to redirect all the attention that was lavished on those letters.

I find it a tad suspect that the project has been announced after the water death claim last week.

What water death claim?