Cocaine Bear (2023) - Ray Liotta, Keri Russell, O'Shea Jackson Jr., Kristofer Hivju

AlbertV

OMG! This could be the most insane way to start 2023! Coming out on February 24, this film is directed by Elizabeth Banks

Inspired by the 1985 true story of a drug runner's plane crash, missing cocaine, and the black bear that ate it, this wild dark comedy finds an oddball group of cops, criminals, tourists and teens converging in a Georgia forest where a 500- pound apex predator has ingested a staggering amount of cocaine and gone on a coke-fueled rampage for more blow … and blood.

• Haha 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

I'm not sure what exactly went on in the writers head or up their nose but after watching this...

Has a few good kills but outside of that not really much going for it. Harmless fun for those few moments.

Apart from the poorly animated bear the worst part are probably the human counterparts. Most of them do a pretty terrible job in the acting department. Not that any of them have much to work with mind you. Outside of some really silly renditions and one-liners.

I'm sure they had a good time on set but somehow this rarely catches on. I've had a handful of subtle chuckles that's it!

Overall I didn't expect anything and somehow still felt disappointed. It's not terrible but for a B-movie? this should've delivered more.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, laagi said:

Overall I didn't expect anything and somehow still felt disappointed.

The above quote made me lol - and I totally know what you mean.

When we go into a B movie looking for some brainless fun, it really sucks to come out feeling that way. Haha!

Was kinda looking forward to watching this at some point, sounds like it’s a pass.

• Haha 1