Tulsa King (2022) Paramount+ - Taylor Sheridan, Sylvester Stallone

laagi

This turned out to be a positive surprise! Two episodes in and I'm pretty much hooked. Good mix of gangster drama with a pinch of action and comedy. Especially with the latter I had some good laughs.  I hope they can keep this up for the entirety of the season. Looks like Stallone's career is having a bit of a revival and the guy turned 76! this year mind you.

Not to mention Taylor Sheridan's directorial track record for movies as well as series is turning out to be pretty impressive! Also interesting that he mostly focuses on "dying" genres. And I'm really glad someone does. Lord knows I miss the heydays of the Gangster genre!

Overall if you're looking for a good gangster series with a bit of comedy this might be right up your alley.

• Like 1

I agree a hundred percent with @laagi. I love that this is a gangster drama with some lightheartedness thrown in. The comedy really hits, specially since it's not too goofy. It feels a lot like the show, Weeds, at the moment. Well, the earlier seasons of that show, anyway.

Stallone is stellar. This role was made for him. He can walk a fantastic line between hardened criminal and tongue in cheek perfectly. In the second episode, there's a ten minute scene of him smoking weed and basically babbling. It's great.

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Yes and yes again @Drunken Monk. This series just keeps getting better and better. I absolutely love it!

The blend of action, comedy and drama is done to almost perfection. Kudos to Sly for pulling this off! Not to mention everyone else involved in Tulsa King.

Just wanted to give this another push so more members might check this out ;)

It's well worth your time and some of the best streaming has to offer at the moment. At least as far as I'm concerned.

And if my words aren't enough check out this little scene and tell me you don't love it.

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw

I thought it was shit. Sly trying to be gangster just didn't work for me.

1*sIwDhRa3_iFvNDlI4aJofQ.gif

Come at me Sly!

12 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

I thought it was shit. Sly trying to be gangster just didn't work for me.

1*sIwDhRa3_iFvNDlI4aJofQ.gif

Come at me Sly!

with-all-due-disrespect-dwight-the-gener