The Big Boss + Bruce Lee - True Story actors?

J.J. Hayden

Question

I'm currently backing up some of my lower rated martial arts DVDs and came across something while processing Bruce Lee - True Story. There is a part of the film where they are recreating the shooting of The Big Boss and I noticed what I believe could be some of the cast from the original movie. I don't know their names but from what I remember they were local Thai stuntmen. Does anyone have any thoughts on these suggestions?

First is the tubby fellow (on the left) who whipped people with a cane in The Big Boss, in True Story he basically plays himself rehearsing scenes.

image.jpeg.ff32bfed86cc79ea15bb8b9a4e311322.jpeg

image.jpeg.853e60cb585e317eebe9e1338c3e6f24.jpeg

Secondly there is the guy who played one of the other Factory Manager' thugs, here playing a Thai Boxing gym coach.

image.jpeg.84562bc3abb1e76b272563f6a35a4da0.jpeg

image.jpeg.d212cd4def1a0f9d480431233471f17c.jpeg

There are some other Thai guys that look like they might of been in The Big Boss too, but I don't have time at the moment to give it a proper look.

Any thoughts and suggestions are welcome.

Cheers

• Like 5

5 answers to this question

Well, I haven't heard any counter arguments and I've looked over the footage a number of times, to the point where I'm confident that these 2 men in The Man, The Myth, The Legend (aka Bruce Lee - True Story) and the 2 men in The Big Boss are indeed the same actors. Still no idea what there names are, I wonder if being in the film made them into any kind of celebrities in Thailand at the time?

• Like 1

One Armed Boxer

A long shot, but perhaps there may be some insight to be found in the Pao Poropak - A Stuntman's Tale Blu-ray and booklet that was released as part of 'The Big Boss' 50th Anniversary Celebration in 2021 - 

s-l1600.jpg.9025976c100f51ff99c8fa19946e8ffa.jpg

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, One Armed Boxer said:

A long shot, but perhaps there may be some insight to be found in the Pao Poropak - A Stuntman's Tale Blu-ray and booklet that was released as part of 'The Big Boss' 50th Anniversary Celebration in 2021 - 

Interesting. I wish I had a copy, but I'll do some sleuthing and see if any info from it has been put online.

Cheers

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bruceleeclones said:

In his book Mandarin Superstar, Steve Kerridge has identified them as Chom and Seree.

The Big Boss 唐山大兄 (1971) – The Clones of Bruce Lee
Bruce Lee – True Story 李小龍傳奇 (1976) – The Clones of Bruce Lee

Thanks very much for that. I see you've got several of the Thai cast listed, great work. Did you get all those names from that same book?

Cheers

Edited by J.J. Hayden
  • Like 1