Master thread for boutique label Asian releases

Yihetuan

Taoist Drunkard
On 5/21/2024 at 2:39 AM, Yggdrasil said:

Oh....its a doco? I thought it was an Indo film.

Might herald some Suzzanna flicks being released in the future, like with their Bruceploitation doc ... one can hope!

• Like 2

ChillyChong
On 7/14/2024 at 3:48 AM, Yihetuan said:

Jet Li's THE SHAOLIN TEMPLE 4K UHD (L'Immagine Ritrovata restoration) from Diskino WCL is being released next month on the 12th. Up for pre-order now.

Limited Edition includes:
Disc.1 : UHD-100 Film Photo book 102 pages, Film Booklet 42 pages, Post card x 5 and Poster x 1

Pity it is UHD only. I bought Fist of Legend combopack(and likely will do so with Bogyguard from Beijing) in case I have UHD set up one day and Shaolin Temple is great but not sure if want to invest into something which is may take really long time before can watch. It is very tempting package though.

• Like 1

Yihetuan

Interesting tidbit. Wonder which director they are talking about?

Screenshot 2024-07-30 at 19-02-12 Home _ X.png

Yihetuan

Diskino WCL is releasing A Moment of Romance in UHD 4K. The Radiance blu ray was nice but I still might double dip as I love this movie. Unfortunately the only English friendly bonus feature is the interview with screenwriter James Yuen.

GUBiGErXIAAZKZH.jpg

Screenshot 2024-08-04 at 08-54-32 A Moment of Romance 4K Blu-ray (World Cinema Library #073 WCL Exclusive Limited Edition 天若有情 Tin joek yau ching) (China).png

• Like 2

They really crammed a lot into those brand new interviews with Wong Jing and Johnnie To.

Yihetuan
3 hours ago, Knetan said:

They really crammed a lot into those brand new interviews with Wong Jing and Johnnie To.

Yeah I honestly thought it had to be an error & a "0" was missing at the end of those times. 🤔

nahnahnah
8 hours ago, Knetan said:

Funnily enough, the VS release of My Father is a Hero has a new 3 minute interview with Wong Jing. 

• Like 1

Yggdrasil
24 minutes ago, Ronin said:

Media Blasters tweeted this the other day:

GUIcrsPXoAASkx-?format=jpg&name=large

I noticed they removed the hair from the left side of his face. I had to do a search online about the film as I had not heard of it before.

https://cityonfire.com/kung-fu-rascals-blu-ray-visual-vengeance-steve-wang-latest-martial-arts-news/

On October 22, 2024, Visual Vengeance is releasing a Limited Edition Blu-ray for the 1992 martial arts fantasy film, Kung Fu Rascals. This long out-of-print rarity marks the debut feature from cult director Steve Wang (Drive, The Guyver), who also stars.

In the tradition of Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan and the Three Stooges comes this wildly funny action comedy from director Steve Wang. When chased by mutated monsters, crafty ninjas and a 300 foot tall stone god, the bumbling heroes battle against the powers of darkness in search of “The Power Most Big”.

Kung Fu Rascals also stars Troy Fromin (The Perfect Weapon), Johnnie Saiko (Hell Comes to Frogtown), Les Claypool (Pig Hunt) and ‘Evil’ Ted Smith (The Guyver).

Features:

Limited edition slipcase by The Dude
12-page comic book
Feature length documentary
Hours of behind the scenes footage
Extras
Additional extras TBA

• Like 2

Drunken Monk

Tony Russell recently posted this one Facebook. Could a Blu Ray be imminent? 

IMG_8782.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Buddha Bless You 2

Yihetuan

Second Run Films UK is releasing a two film blu ray set by Malaysian/Taiwanese director Tsai Ming-liang.

Screenshot 2024-08-21 at 18-09-55 Days _ Afternoon Two films by Tsai Ming-Liang Blu-ray (United Kingdom).png

Screenshot 2024-08-21 at 18-11-07 Days_Afternoon Two films by Tsai Ming-Liang Blu-ray.png

• Like 1

Super Ninja
16 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Second Run Films UK is releasing a two film blu ray set by Malaysian/Taiwanese director Tsai Ming-liang.

Screenshot 2024-08-21 at 18-09-55 Days _ Afternoon Two films by Tsai Ming-Liang Blu-ray (United Kingdom).png

Screenshot 2024-08-21 at 18-11-07 Days_Afternoon Two films by Tsai Ming-Liang Blu-ray.png

Nice!

• Like 1

Yihetuan
16 minutes ago, Super Ninja said:

Nice!

What's neat is that Tsai Ming Liang did the artwork for the cover himself. Would love to see more directors use their own art for covers like Takeshi Kitano.

Yihetuan
Posted (edited)
On 5/20/2024 at 6:26 PM, Yihetuan said:

Coming from Severin Films

Screenshot 2024-05-20 at 18-21-36 Blu-ray Forum - View Single Post - Severin Films Discussion Thread.png

Wasn't planning on getting that Haunts box set from Severin but might have to now to get Nang Nak/Bakeneko & that Suzzanna documentary

Screenshot_20240822-115717.png

Screenshot_20240822-115653.png

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 3

Chemical Lemon
1 hour ago, Yihetuan said:

Wasn't planning on getting that Haunts box set from Severin but might have to now to get Nang Nak/Bakeneko & that Suzzanna documentary

Screenshot_20240822-115717.png

Screenshot_20240822-115653.png

Ugh… zero chance that bakeneko gets an individual release I assume?

Yggdrasil
12 minutes ago, Chemical Lemon said:

I'd skip Nang Nak. I fell asleep watching it. Still got the Chinese DVD of it.

Although the Japanese film might be more entertaining.

Yihetuan
34 minutes ago, Chemical Lemon said:

Not sure? Have any of the films from Vol 1 of the Folk Haunts box set ever been released individually?

ChillyChong
3 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Not sure? Have any of the films from Vol 1 of the Folk Haunts box set ever been released individually?

At least Viy has been released individually(by eureka) and severin is releasing Il Demonia so chances are definitely better than zero for bakeneko. May take long time though if happens..

• Sad 1

Yihetuan
Posted (edited)

Arbelos Films is releasing Nobuhiro Sawa's 2/Duo on blu ray.

Screenshot 2024-08-22 at 18-07-55 LE 2_Duo - Blu-ray.png

Screenshot 2024-08-22 at 18-07-47 LE 2_Duo - Blu-ray.png

Screenshot 2024-08-22 at 18-08-01 LE 2_Duo - Blu-ray.png

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 2