IVL October 18 Shaw Brothers Releases

Guest monk sante

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest oldeschool17

thats IVL for ya. One in every 20 releases will have a decent cover. I think IVL employs middle schoolers just learning photoshop as Graphic Designers where the main focus is to make a cover that does the least to capture the essence of the movie(take for instance the Masked Avengers or Disciples of the 36th Chamber).

Guest Ching li

Five Elements Ninja cover is nice, but i think cheng tien chi should have been featured on the cover since he is the star of the movie, but ivl features chu ko instead, okayyyy.

Guest oldeschool17
Why don't they just release the movie by having the original poster/design?

because those middle schoolers would be out of a job and IVL is about putting food on the table.

Guest VonHumboldtFleischer

Really looking forward to THE PIRATE. CHINESE SUPER NINJAS is one of the weakest Venoms films. It's like watching a slightly less retarded Robert Tai movie.

Guest morgoth

Super Ninjas is some of the finest cheese I have ever seen. And the action is super hot! I have not yet seen Rebel intruders, Lion vs Lion, Daredevils, Magnificent Ruffians, and the Brave Archer series, but this is my favorite fighting performance from Lo Meng so far.

Guest oldeschool17

technically 5 Element Ninjas isnt a full on Venoms film, but more less a Baby Venoms vehicle. Nevertheless, i still enjoyed it, cheese or not!

REALLY cannot wait for The Pirate - first read about it in Eastern Heroes mag waaaaaaay back in 1994 and honestly, thought I'd never get to see it.

I may be wrong here, but won't this be the last of the Ti Lung/David Chiang's movies to see the light of the day from the back catalogue?

If so, whoa! Mixed feelings - I'll miss waiting on my latest SB fix...

:(

Guest VonHumboldtFleischer

I was going to say "one of the weakest Chang Cheh movies", but then I thought of his post-Shaw output. And shuddered.

I don't only think of Venoms films as films with the Venoms in them, though. I probably consider any movie directed by Chang Cheh in which a team of guys are largely defined by their particular kung fu schtick (a weapon or fighting style) a Venoms movie.

Guest Iron Boat

I think Chen Tien Tee makes up for the missing venoms quite well....truth is, the film didn't need the venoms. It's just fine without them. And the Ninja boss, does an A level job.

Guest CLFNole

I always liked the opening fight between the two schools. Once Law Mong got killed the movie weakened but the end fight is good. Overall an enjoyable movie with some crazy weapon at the end.

Guest Iron Boat

Lo Meng is brave, I wouldn't had even done that fight with the Samurai, even though the weapons are just props, that Samurai sword is one brutal piece of weapondry. I wouldnt even want to get near it, especially bare handed!!! >D

Guest morgoth

Yeah, he dies too quick, but that fight he has against the ninjas is insane. He is really at his best in that scene. And KWan Feng's facial expression when he dies, classic!

Guest teako170
Once Law Mong got killed the movie weakened but the end fight is good.
Let us all remember that while these films are umpteen years old, not all have seen them. Please use a spoiler warning if your post reveals an important element of a film. Thanks...

Archived