House of Traps (DVD - IVL)

Guest UrbanKungFu

if by chance some hard core collector has the dub version they should put a short clip on youtube-- you know --just to tease us.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sikmao

hey, iron flag, i wouldn't count on CDWOW getting in any new titles! the word on the streets, is that they're going bankrupt!!! seriously! there's a thread about this very subject, somewhere in here! (maybe a few pages back!) after having to wait 2+ MONTHS for my last order, from them, i decided to go with DDDhouse.com from now on. i've already received one order & just got confirmation that they've shipped out HoT, already! just lettin' you know...:)

Guest venomchamber

The cover is basically the poster with the characters spread out to highlight Chien Hsiao-Hao and Sun Chien who by this time began elevating beyond his 'Iron Feet'-type characters into an actual actor with minimal action scenes.

Guest venomchamber

Picked it up last night and just finished watching it...

Now this is more like it! I've already thrown out my old bootleg videotape!

If you liked Masked Avengers, Legend Of The Fox, and Ode To Gallantry then I'm sure you'll love this one too! ;)

What's more...

:eek IT ALSO HAS THE ORIGINAL THEATRICAL TRAILER! :eek

Wow! Clean and legible, not damaged to hell like that Masked Avengers trailer was!

I've never seen the trailers for this or Life Gamble before!

(I love these vintage clips of Chinese cinematic history! :D )

*magicpoe can send that copy to the shredder now! :lol

Sadly, as great as the disc is Magnificent Ruffians does not have the trailer, nor does it even have a Celestial home video promotional trailer either!

|

Is it just me or does it seem like the only Venoms Mob films to get the trailer treatment are the period pieces?

DAREDEVILS and REBEL INTRUDERS didn't have a new or old trailer on them either! I guess the staff of Celestial doesn't care much for promoting Chang's Republic-Era films.

I suggest picking up all 3 of these magnificent (pun :b ) films if you haven't done so already!

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns
I suggest picking up all 3 of these magnificent (pun ) films if you haven't done so already!

Everythintg but Coward Bastard should be at my door Tuesday.

Guest Ko Fei

Thanks Kwok Choi for the word on House of Traps. Even though it sounds like a mess of a movie I still want to see it. I think I want to see how bad it really is. It's too bad they messed up this one though becasue it had so much potential. I remember the first time I ever heard of it. I was very interested from the name itself.

Guest Shaolin Patriot

Venomchamber, can you confirm that Lo Meng is in House of Traps? He doesn't seem to be listed in some cast credits.

No Lo Meng in House of Traps.

If I had a video tape of it I would but it was converted to DVD so the shredder will do the deed.

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns
It's too bad they messed up this one though becasue it had so much potential.

Ko Fei, it's better to judge this one for yourself, just because someone prefers fighting over storyline, dosen't "necessarily" mean it will s#ck. I remember this one having a very mysterious quality to the plot and the unfolding of events. The flow of the film wasn't MY problem with this "ultra" rare Venom's flick. It was not being able to read one iota of eng. subbed dialogue or see the choreographed scenes very well at all.

Perils Of The Sentimental Swordsman was branded in this very same way, for it also suffered the same veiwing problems for english speaking fans as House Of Traps, terrible picture and unreadable eng. subs. When I finished watching it remastered a month or so ago I was pleasently surprised with how well the film was actually done overall. The flick was definitely one of Chu Yuan's stronger attempts. Yet, if I listened to the people ditching it, I certaintly would have missed out.

Guest iron flag

I usually dont like movies lacking in action but I really like House of Traps. Could have been better with a few more fights but still definitely recommended!

Guest Ko Fei

Thanks vengeanceofhumanlanterns and iron flag. That was what I wanted to hear. I'll order it with my next order and let you know how I feel.

Is there many people getting killed by deadly traps in the house?? Ya know like good ol gruesome, gory deaths..that kinda thing because if that is what substitutes the kung fu im gain.

Guest BKarza

That's one of the problems. With that cast and the premise of a "House of Traps", you would think... The house really doesn't play a part. It's more of a storge place than a place where action and traps are abound. A few things happen there but it as a premise, is as wasted as the cast.

Am I getting it? Yes. I am replacing all of my tapes and am a Venoms completist. Do I think it's good? No.

I havent recieved mine yet so I cant comment on it. I am amazed at how this movie and some others recieve alot of praise until a remastered dvd comes out. I'm confused! :\

I havent recieved mine yet so I cant comment on it. I am amazed at how this movie and some others recieve alot of praise until a remastered dvd comes out.

My thought exactly.

Archived