The Greatest Beer Run Ever (2022) Apple TV+ - Zac Efron, Russell Crowe

laagi

Had this "based on true events" movie on my radar since the trailer dropped.

Overall it's pretty good in finding the right balance between comedy and drama. Although it does sometimes miss the mark.

By all means though putting a "fun" story into a war setting is an almost impossible task to begin with.

"Chickie" in the beginning is just a naive Kid who wants to deliver some beers to his friends in 'Nam. Gradually as the horrors of war unfold around him though, he's forced to re-think his own position. With that being said, I think Zac Efron for the most part did a good job in embodying this narrative.

The movie takes a similar approach of somehow praising the bravery of the soldiers and at the same time trying to point out how needless this war was to begin with. If anything one could blame director Peter Farrelly of not having a clear line as far as the subject matter goes.

Also as seems to be a norm nowadays the movie does have some bad CGI. And last but not least the soundtrack could've at least IMHO also been put to better use. Nevertheless I think this is worth checking out!

• Like 1