Discotek releases

Guest mike robert

4 hours ago, De Ming Li said:

Terrifying Girls High School already sold out on Amazon?! Is this film that popular?

Sold out? It's still showing in stock and ready to ship 2-3 days?

29 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

I searched for it on borh Amazon US and UK and there's no listing of either.

I did however follow a link via Google to Amazon US and it said the item cannot be shipped to UK. Odd really as I've bought a few few Discotek films from Amazon US.

1 hour ago, Yihetuan said:

I saw the same thing as Yggdrasil, Amazon US currently has no listing for it. But it's OK now as I purchased it from somewhere else.

1 hour ago, Yggdrasil said:

I searched for it on borh Amazon US and UK and there's no listing of either.

I did however follow a link via Google to Amazon US and it said the item cannot be shipped to UK. Odd really as I've bought a few few Discotek films from Amazon US.

2 minutes ago, De Ming Li said:

I saw the same thing as Yggdrasil, Amazon US currently has no listing for it. But it's OK now as I purchased it from somewhere else.

It shows the listing for me but I keep forgetting that you're not from the US.

https://www.amazon.com/Terrifying-School-Animal-Classmates-Blu-ray/dp/B0C47QFRJV/ref=sr_1_1?crid=38YV81J5F2NZK&keywords=terrifying+girls'+high+school+blu+ray&qid=1691564893&sprefix=terrify%2Caps%2C362&sr=8-1

• Buddha Bless You 1

2 hours ago, De Ming Li said:

From where @De Ming Li

Edited by Yggdrasil
  • Like 1

Not even Amazon Japan have them on blu ray either. Though of getting them from there instead. Odd that Discotek would release the 4th one in the series.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/池玲子/dp/B008VJYJ04/ref=mp_s_a_1_9?crid=2T1WGL1JBOW9L&keywords=恐怖女子高校+女暴力教室&qid=1691595427&sprefix=恐怖女子高校+女暴力教室%2Caps%2C334&sr=8-9

There's some lovely goodies on that link. Probably a few might've had western releases.

Edited by Yggdrasil
  • Like 1

Anyone else excited for the worldwide premier of Mamoru Oshii's Tachiguishi-Retsuden on blu ray. yeah, guess I'm the only one. Love this fucking hybrid movie.

Screenshot_2023-08-10 💿Discotek Media ( discotekmedia) X(1).png

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 2

whitesnake
Posted (edited)

Discotek releases Fatal Frame (2014 Japanese horror film) on Blu-ray on January 30, 2024. "Michi, a student in a conservative all-girls school, must resolve the mysterious disappearances and deaths of her fellow classmates after they found an intriguing but haunting photo of Aya, the best singer of class, who apparently is being held locked in her room, physically but not spiritually... A death curse is placed on anyone who sees Aya's photo, which seems to be taken with a "Camera Obscura." Michi, with the help of her photography skills, might stop it before the spirit of Aya takes her life, too, and spreads to many more in and outside of the school."

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Fatal-Frame-Blu-ray/348019/

Discotek is also releasing a Blu-ray of Kamikaze Girls (2004 Japanese teen comedy/adventure/fantasy) on February 27, 2024. "17-year-old Momoko Ryugasaki is a bit of an oddball, a rococo Lolita whose idyllic dreams of 18th Century Versailles clash sharply with her isolated existence in the Ibaraki hinterlands. She wears her version of what she thinks people wore there at that time and dreams of being able to get away from her boring life. Momoko's father makes his living selling counterfeit brand-name clothes, but when he gets on the wrong side of some bad people, he has to flee to the countryside. Momoko decides to escape from her boredom, and to make some money by selling the last of her father's dodgy stock. When a chance encounter brings Momoko together with head-butting biker chick Ichigo, the quest for a mysterious embroiderer sets the unlikely friends off on an explosive, pachinko-studded series of adventures in which the odd couple lurch into situations both comic and dangerous.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Kamikaze-Girls-Blu-ray/347893/ 

Edited by whitesnake
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Ronin said:

"Sex & Fury, Norifumi Suzuki's 1973 film. The film will be available in a new HD transfer in 2024, with Japanese audio and English subtitles"

This movie has the power to change a person's life! I first saw it as a teenager when Panic House put it out on DVD. Mind blown! I've spent every year since then tracking down Pinky Violence films and trying to see every film Ike ever did. Took me till 2023 to complete that quest.

It's a gorgeously shot film with one of the most beautifully choreographed action scenes in the history of cinema. No kidding! Admittedly the plot can get a bit convoluted at times and they could have exploited the political aspects of the storyline more than they did.

Suzuki wrote in his book that one of his main motivations for doing the film was the opportunity to make Meiji Era story and utilize Toei's left-over assets from period films.

“Once Battles without Honour and Humanity turned into a series, in-period ninkyo films disappeared and all productions lines started putting out modern day films. The Kyoto studios however still had plenty of heritage from the [ninkyo] yakuza film era. There were Meiji era town sets, costumes, art and props, the Toei Tsurugikai [action] unit specializing in chambara sword fights, and an army of villain actors. It was a treasure trove of valuable assets.”

Sex and Fury was produced as the B-film companion for The Viper Brothers: Jail-Living for 4 1/2 Years (まむしの兄弟 刑務所暮し四年半) which was the A-movie.

[Image: newspaper ad for Toei’s The Viper Brothers: Jail-Living for 4 1/2 Years & Sex and Fury double feature which opened Feb. 17, 1973]

The last time I viewed this was in 2018, from a 35mm print (a double feature with Zero Woman: Red Handcuffs). Can't wait to watch this again!

• Like 5

Yihetuan
Posted (edited)

Here's the latest slate of releases for this year and next. Interested in Dallos, Kite Integral Edition, Kekko Kamen the Trilogy, & a couple of others.

GUGUawHasAAZOMK.jpg

GUGUCrIawAAf7ta.jpg

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 3

Yggdrasil
36 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

Maybe @Yggdrasil might be interested in this one:

GUGEf2DW0AAvnRI.jpg

Still got the original R1 DVD boxset of the series. Never watched it myself even though I've had the series for 20 years or so.

I've always preferred the live action series with Takashi Sorimachi.

De Ming Li

As a tokusatsu fan I'm most interested in Space Sheriff Shaider, Kamen Rider V3 and Kikaider

• Like 2

Yggdrasil
1 hour ago, De Ming Li said:

As a tokusatsu fan I'm most interested in Space Sheriff Shaider, Kamen Rider V3 and Kikaider

Android Kikaider's cover will look mint.

• Like 2

Yihetuan
12 hours ago, Yggdrasil said:

Still got the original R1 DVD boxset of the series. Never watched it myself even though I've had the series for 20 years or so.

I've always preferred the live action series with Takashi Sorimachi.

You can get the blu ray edition and save it for another 20 plus years and watch it when you're 80 if the blu rays haven't suffered with bronzing or rot by then. :laugh

Yihetuan
Posted (edited)

Definitely Kite: Integral edition is a must buy with all 3 versions including the International cut.

GUGKKRybYAAO1SQ.jpg

GUGJpoCbgAAJcf2.jpg

Edited by Yihetuan

De Ming Li

For fans of the Metal Heroes franchise, Discotek is releasing the Space Sheriff Shaider series on blu ray on September 24.

Edited by De Ming Li
  • Like 2

Yggdrasil
34 minutes ago, De Ming Li said:

For fans of the Metal Heroes franchise, Discotek is releasing the Space Sheriff Shaider series on blu ray on September 24.

Yep, along with Dallos OAV.

• Like 1

Just now, sifu iron perm said:

Bookmark this thread!!

Incredible.

Search for Discotek on fb.

• Buddha Bless You 1

whitesnake

From Blu-ray.com - Discotek releases for November 2024 -More info at https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=35172

Releases include the live action Dororo movie (2007, samurai fantasy), Electric Dragon 80,000 V (2001), and Kamen Rider V3 series (1973 - 1974).

Anime releases include Giant Gorg (1984), an excellent giant robot series, and Groizer X anime series (1976 - 1977), which I never saw.

All are available for pre-order at Crunchyroll.com

https://store.crunchyroll.com/collections/pre-order-blu-rays/ 

Dororo trailer 

Electric Dragon 80000V trailer 

Giang Gorg opening credits 

• Like 4