Lou (2022) - Allison Janney, Jurnee Smollett, Logan Marshall-Green

DiP

Prior to watching this action thriller, I'd never heard about it. Me and my wife just browsed through Netflix after a movie when it came up and the synopsis -- a mother (Smollett) tracks down her kidnapped daughter in the midst of a storm with the aid of an unknown neighbor (Janney) with a dark past -- fascinated us. So we gave it a try. My wife lost interest midway through the movie but I was glued throughout everything!

It's well made overall (sound, music score, editing, cinematography), the action scenes intense and well-staged, the acting great from everyone. Veteran US MA actor Daniel Bernhardt shows up in a small but notable role as the main villain's henchman and gets to fight Janney inside a hut. Nothing fancy but more visceral and brutal.

The movie was quite a surprise, and one of the more satisfying (and underrated, if you ask me) action movies to come out this year. Highly recommended!

Edited by DiP
  • Like 2