Jackie Chan Action Movie Awards

DrNgor

Originally started as part of the Shanghai International Film Festival in 2015, it has now become its own entity. Here are the winners so far--2020 was skipped because of the pandemic and 2021 simply chose the best martial arts/action films of all time (according to their judges).

image.png.129d47e2fe839b271e9edc214a651e8d.png

image.png.c0d704729ff9b68ca4e42688102ea34f.png

image.png.0cdc7bc864b8bc191caa2b624ec6a199.png

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, masterofoneinchpunch said:

Wolf Warrior 2 should not be mentioned in the same breath as Best Chinese Action Movie.

True, although I give JC credit (assuming he has a lot of say in all this) for putting 3 Jet Li movies in top 10 and only giving his own films Honorable Mention.

• Like 2

legendarycurry

Awards of any kind to Dragon Blade and The Point Break remake = all credibility out the window imho.

Interesting read though. Jackie sang the ending theme for OUATIC 2,clearly biased :D ;)

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, legendarycurry said:

Interesting read though. Jackie sang the ending theme for OUATIC 2,clearly biased :D ;)

Yeah, but I'll overlook it on the basis that his own movies didn't make the Top 10. That, and he gave more recognition to Jet Li than the Taiwan Golden Horse Awards ever did.

• Like 2

legendarycurry
14 minutes ago, DrNgor said:

Yeah, but I'll overlook it on the basis that his own movies didn't make the Top 10. That, and he gave more recognition to Jet Li than the Taiwan Golden Horse Awards ever did.

Plenty of Jet flicks were nominated for the Shimmering Pony but only Fong Sai Yuk won one for action. He was nominated for the Warlords as an actor too. But yeah the JC awards seem to dig Jet movies (and have a boner for Wolf Warrior)

Sidenote: The Goldie Horseys nominated Who Am i? for best picture. Lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, legendarycurry said:

Sidenote: The Goldie Horseys nominated Who Am i? for best picture. Lol

The HKFA have nominated other Jackie Chan films for Best Picture, like Rumble in the Bronx

2 hours ago, legendarycurry said:

Plenty of Jet flicks were nominated for the Shimmering Pony but only Fong Sai Yuk won one for action.

...as opposed to the HKFA, which gave awards to OUATICOUATIC 2; Fong Sai Yuk; Hero; Fearless; and Flying Swords of Dragon Gate.

• Like 2