Marshall Teague

AlbertV

Marshall-Teague.jpg
MV5BYTVmMzMwNTItYjdjYS00OTg2LWIyZGYtMDUw

Born on April 16, 1953 in Newport, Tennessee, Marshall Teague gained a following when he played lead henchman Jimmy Reno in the 1989 cult classic Road House. Having studied martial arts while attending military school, which led to a successful career in the military, Teague was the NATO Heavyweight Kickboxing Champion. Teague would start out in small roles on television and made for TV movies. In 1984, he scored one of his first major TV roles, as California Bulls WR Mace Petty on the HBO show 1st and Ten, only appearing in the first season.

Then came Road House, his breakout role. He even played martial arts legend Mike Stone in Elvis and Me, It was rumored that Stone, who was teaching Priscilla Presley karate, had an affair with him. Teague would also make history as the first supporting actor to appear in the pilot and another episode of Walker: Texas Ranger. Teague would appear in 1990s fare such as Guardian AngelA Dangerous Place and Fists of Iron. In 2001, Teague appeared in Isaac Florentine's U.S. Seals II in a supporting capacity before taking the lead in Florentine's Special Forces, in which martial arts wunderkind Scott Adkins broke out to international audiences. 

When he's not acting, Teague is a motivational speaker.

• Like 4

On 9/20/2022 at 5:48 PM, AlbertV said:

Teague would also make history as the first supporting actor to appear in the pilot and another episode of Walker: Texas Ranger.

There's a new series - a prequel called Walker: Independence. I hope that he gets to appear in that.

• Like 2

Some time ago, he was giving shooting lessons a few hours down the highway from me.  Told him on Twitter that had I taken the class, I'd have pestered about how to throw the perfect back kick. 

• Like 3