DDD IVL October 18 Shaw Brothers Releases

Guest monque

cdwow just told me that the Pirate is also gonna be delayed!!! looks like they're back to their old tricks, again!!! that's too bad, cuz i LIKED this company! now, i'm over it!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chen Kuan Tai

It isn't acceptable that CD-Wow doesn't give an info about the status of the availability (in stock, out of stock etc.). Only pre-order will quoted to get fast money like it seems. :rolleyes:

PS: Five Element Ninjas isn't more to find on the site. Think, they took it away to wait till they get it because too many ordered it. I saw the last days this title in the top 20 chart on place 3.

Can really recommend DDDhouse. Got my all four october 18th releases this Monday. The preorder prices are really nice and although the CDWowprices include delivery I prefer getting my flicks on time :D

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Just got my order today.

Heads For Sale

The Pirate

Shaolin Rescuers

5 Element Ninja

Bewitched

I'm watchin one tonight. I think it's gonna be Heads For Sale... fingers crossed. I think it was kenichiku who said this film was better than Black Butterfly, we'll see. :)

Guest Kwok Choi

I decided to put CD WOW! to the test by ordering The Pirate (preorder),DOA - Dead Or Alive (in stock),and Shiri (also in stock).

I then ordered Heads For Sale (preorder),5 Element Ninja (preorder) Shaolin Rescuers (also preoder),and Heroic Trio 1 & 2 box set (in stock) from Yesasia on the same day 15/10/07 as CD WOW!

CD WOW! delivered Shiri on Mon 22/10/07

DOA -Dead Or Alive is still pending dispatch

The Pirate still has preorder status

Yesasia delivered Heads For Sale,5 Element Ninja,Shaolin Rescuers and Heroic Trio box set this morning Wed 24/10/07.

Just viewed Heads For Sale. Good film. Well done choreographing and continuity with the fight scenes. Also, the jumping stunts were well done. Yet, I have to say this film in no way out does Black Butterfly. I can't believe Celestial wouldn't release Black Butterfly onto DVD. Absurd! After seeing so many Celestial remasters of Shaws films I would never had seen otherwise, I really have even more appreciation for the truly well done films of the Shaw Brothers retinue and Black Butterfly was dealt an unfair hand being released onto VCD only.

Heads For Sale never really manages to wrap up the character development it strives for, and the story as well as the character development, basically, completely falls apart approaching the end. There are great fight scenes, a lot of attitude, and a good amount of blood in the film. Chiao Chiao is a real tough guy in this one as well. Chen Sing has a cameo and Fan Mei Sheng is pretty cool here as well, though I must say Wang Hsia is cast really well in this film. He has some great scenes. Chen Liang is completely wasted as a character here.

7/10 is what I'd rate it.

Guest Chen Kuan Tai
I decided to put CD WOW! to the test by ordering The Pirate (preorder),DOA - Dead Or Alive (in stock),and Shiri (also in stock).

I then ordered Heads For Sale (preorder),5 Element Ninja (preorder) Shaolin Rescuers (also preoder),and Heroic Trio 1 & 2 box set (in stock) from Yesasia on the same day 15/10/07 as CD WOW!

CD WOW! delivered Shiri on Mon 22/10/07

DOA -Dead Or Alive is still pending dispatch

The Pirate still has preorder status

Yesasia delivered Heads For Sale,5 Element Ninja,Shaolin Rescuers and Heroic Trio box set this morning Wed 24/10/07.

Yesasia is little cheap why you don't order then at dddhouse?

Guest Von Humboldt Fleischer

I'm still pissed off at CD-WOW because they sent me this email about how they're giving away thousands of pounds in discounts or something like that, and then when I submitted the little code they sent me a discount of 50p.

CD-bleah more like.

Isn't BLACK BUTTERFLY getting a DVD release in Singapore? Don't quote me on that, though.

EDIT: No, it isn't. I was thinking of TWIN BLADES OF DOOM. An easy mistake to make, what with them both being... well... movies. Ahem.

Guest Chen Kuan Tai

I just get a new email from cd-wow:

Hello,

Thank you for placing your order with us here at CD WOW!

We are writing to you regarding your order for: The Shaw Brothers Collection: Five Elements Ninjas Region 3

The arrival of stock from our supplier has been further delayed. The advised shipping date for this title is now the 29/10/2007 As soon as we are able to ship this item to you we will send you an e-mail confirming despatch.

I can still wait a little bit but if they don't can match it soon I will cancel my order. If it comes to this then it was the last time I have ordered SB dvds at cd-wow.

Guest oldeschool17

Are you fellas that broke that you cant afford shipping from dddhouse? Id almost start a community chest fund for you guys so that id never see another "CD WOW postpones another order until 2 weeks from now, then a month, then 2 months, then 2 months and a half, etc" thread. :)

Just watched The Pirate. Pretty entertaining film. Good choreographing by Tang Chia and Liu Chia Liang. It's a pirate flick. I wasn't too sure what to expect to be quite honest. It's set in the 1800s Fan Mei Sheng is excellent as the bad ass captain who breaks out of jail single handedly. This film is a story first, action second, thogh there's enough to keep the pace going. The end duel/spar between David Chiang and Ti Lung is great stuff. This film is almost all hand to hand combat. The film is one of the only tributes to pirates of the Shaws retinue I've ever seen and delivers in that regard fairly well. I love pirate flicks and was pleasently surprised to see this film try to measure up to a classic pirate tale. Of course there are some slipshod moments throughout the film, but everyone takes their roles quite serious and directors, Chang Cheh, Wu Ma, and Pao Hsueh-li make an earnest effort to put a classic pirate story onto film. Good film. I'm happy I bought this rare gem.

Guest Chen Kuan Tai
Are you fellas that broke that you cant afford shipping from dddhouse? Id almost start a community chest fund for you guys so that id never see another "CD WOW postpones another order until 2 weeks from now, then a month, then 2 months, then 2 months and a half, etc" thread. :)

Of course I can order at dddhouse. I already ordered 2-3 times at dddhouse and it's on of the best HK shops. Only the price is (3-4 US$ less) what makes me to order furthermore single sb dvds at cd-wow.

I can wait longer but if I only get a new ordered dvd damaged / not shrink-wraped like with The Big Boss HKL PE then it's the last time with cd-wow for me.

Hey Iron Boat, $85.00HK = $10.90USD.:)

if cdwow doesn't have those orders out by Monday, i'm gonna cancel it! i'm tired of all the antics!!!

& yeah, i was diggin' the $9.95 with "free shipping", so i was REALLY HOPING that they'd gotten their act together!!! but, alas, that dance is WAY OVER!! it was nice while it lasted!!

"...parting is such sweet sorrow..." - Shakespeare.

Guest Monk Sante

Got mine today from DDDhouse, just checked out the Shaolin Rescuers & 5 Element Ninjas and YES, both contain the original trailers!!!!! AWESOME PRINTS!:D

Guest Chen Kuan Tai
considering I dont feel like doing the math, how much is $85.00 in US dollars?

85$ + shipping !!! I compared it with cd-wow price and it's 3-4 US$ more, at dddhouse.

@ Monk Sante, it's great but I wonder why aren't in all releases the o-trailer? It's little confused with celestial because also the frame cuts only to hold the mastering costs lower. This is nothing worth and against the thinking of a sb fan.

Guest Chen Kuan Tai
I got emails today from Cdwow saying Five Element Ninjas & Shaolin Rescuers are delayed until the 26th.

No word on the other two though :confused:

Back to DDDhouse for me if they mess up

Status is still waiting, hope they get it today the 29th how cd-wow told it per email. If not, i wait another week then i cancel and that was then the last time with sb dvds at cd-wow. :mad:

Guest Whirlwind

Mine were all sent today with the exception of 5EN.

So that`s 2 weeks late & still waiting for one so I`ll be hitting dddhouse again next time.

I think they are just crap at getting the new releases out on time because I ordered Cat vs Rat last night & it has been sent today !

Hey Whirlwind, are you in the US? if so, then i'll try to be more patient with them. maybe my order will be sent out soon, also. :o

yet, i really just can't wait to not have to deal with these FOOLS ever again!!!

Guest Chen Kuan Tai
Mine were all sent today with the exception of 5EN.

So that`s 2 weeks late & still waiting for one so I`ll be hitting dddhouse again next time.

I think they are just crap at getting the new releases out on time because I ordered Cat vs Rat last night & it has been sent today !

Whereof can it lies? Maybe cd-wow ordered the new sb releases lately because they wait on our money to order it. ;)

But this can't get good on a long time.

Archived