DDD IVL October 18 Shaw Brothers Releases

Guest monque

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DDDhouse usually has the pre-orders up about 5 to 6 days before the release date. So maybe by Friday.

My suggestion would be to pickup Five Element Ninjas as soon as it's up for pre-order at DDDhouse.

Mostly likely I will order all 4 from this release set.

They're up there now.

I'm skipping Head for Sale.

Just can't deal with those 60's to 70's transition films.

Even The Pirate was a close call but I went for it.

Guest Chen Kuan Tai

Yeah, the pre-orders are up now. I am looking especially for Five Element Ninjas. Running time shows 103 min., seems to be uncut.

You guys are killing me.

I really don't generally like the 60's and early 70's stuff but I'm so pathetically weak I'll probably end up getting HFS.

It's a good excuse to test CDWOW again.

Guest Winfred

For a start, it has the underrated Chiao Chiao in the lead role. Chiao Chiao always astonishes me with her wu xia fighting ability. Korean hunk Chen Liang is also astonishing as the agile wu xia hero. Though the film meanders a bit with a subplot involving Helen Ma, it is an above average Shaw classic.

Guest Kwok Choi

heads for sale..............buy the heads...............heads for sale............buy the heads......Chiao Chiao selling fresh blood soaked dripping heads.Wanna find out more? Oooh boy I can't wait.I'll watch this first,then The Pirate followed by Shaolin Rescuers and last but not least - just because it is still freah in my mind - Five Element Ninja.

Guest fightlikeapes

I’m holding 5 Element Ninjas in my sweaty little hands right now (but how can he type?)

I can’t wait for tonight to watch it with a bunch of friends!

Wow – we’re almost done with the releases - sad :(.

Guest Chen Kuan Tai
I’m holding 5 Element Ninjas in my sweaty little hands right now (but how can he type?)

I can’t wait for tonight to watch it with a bunch of friends!

Wow – we’re almost done with the releases - sad :(.

Is it uncut and in good quality? I ordered Five Element Ninjas at cd-wow, but it isn't send out, yet. :(

Someone ordered it at cd-wow, too? If yes, how's your status?

It seems, cd-wow will take further sooo long and send here and there damage DVDs. I will consider if i take orders at cd-wow in future or better order at dddhouse. Little cheaper but better, I think !!!

Guest tarim69

"I really don't generally like the 60's and early 70's stuff but I'm so pathetically weak I'll probably end up getting HFS."

Having grown up on the mid/late 70s shaolin and venoms type stuff I was hesitant about the older stuff in the early days of the Celestial releases. Especaily as so many of them werent on tv and I hadent seen on vhs.

But some of those titles have turned out to be my favorites(Ive found Im actually much less tolerant of the 80s stuff)

The stuff of the mid60s -early 70s was pure gold.

hey Chen, i also ordered from cdwow, haven't heard back from them either. it was Monday, 10/15/07, when i ordered. i guess this is the sacrifice we have to endure, for not having to pay for shipping! hopefully, they'll go back to having good reliable service! it was a little slow, but cheap & reliable. (until they messed up, that is!)

this is my "test" to see how they handle their business! if i have to experience any problems from them, with this order, it'll be my last! DDD has been pretty good, as a back up. so, we'll see...

Guest Whirlwind

I got emails today from Cdwow saying Five Element Ninjas & Shaolin Rescuers are delayed until the 26th.

No word on the other two though :confused:

Back to DDDhouse for me if they mess up

Guest ironfistedmonk

I always use DDDHouse now, mine are at the post office now, I'm gonna collect em in the morning on the way to work woohoo

Guest Chen Kuan Tai

@ sikmao, me too. The new sb batch isn't arrived at cd-wow, yet. If it takes longer (end october) it's still ok because 9.95$ each sb dvd is a good reason to order further at cd-wow.

But if I get furthermore damage dvds like I got The Big Boss HKL PE last week than I will order at dddhouse in the future.

How good were the last cd-wow years with sb dvds. Cheap price and fast shipping. Now they stopped and can't get it right with their shop. Hope they look back in their best times !!!

Archived