Delightful Forest?

Guest fusheng007

Guest CLFNole

As this is an older movie how does the figting look is it more of that chop-socky look or does it have more of a smoother flow say post 5 Shaolin Masters time on?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest peringaten

CLF, Without double-checking, I think it's a '72 flick, so pre-5 Shaolin, however the fighting is excellent. Ti Lung really pushes himself; plus it gets real good and bloody.

Thanks to VonHumboldt, here's the opening pre-credit sequence - saw it posted here before, can't remember which thread though... though a highlight, this opening fight sets a tone for the rest of the film: Delightful opening fight.

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

I love that entire fight! Don't come much better than that. The whole film just brims with bad attitude. :evil

And, I think the english subs on the Celestial remaster were better translated than the english dub version. A rare treat right there.

Guest Argento476

Saw a clip on YOUTUBE, and the camera work loooked AMAZING.

Just questioning how BLOODY the film is?

Any other thoughts on the film?

Thanks!

Guest peringaten

The finale is mass carnage. Ti Lung with a blood-red slicked sword, bunch of bodies all over, blood splattered up all the walls. We're talking BLOODY.

Guest ironfistedmonk

Tiger Killer is a very good film but it's not a martial arts film, more of a drama I'd say. Ku Feng is even better than his usual high acting standards here.

Guest tarim69

"this was a good flick. How does Tiger Killer compare to this movie?"

As Monk said Tiger Killer isnt really a martial arts film. Its a drama with a couple short fights in it. If you look in the top 50 thread you can see a in depth, well written post on Tiger Killer by peringaten. I agree completely and its one of the very best(and IMHO, might very well be THE best)in Shaws history. Ku Fengs performance MUST be seen.

while Tiger Killer might not be for everyone, it is superb!!!! if you appreciate good martial choreography, then you might be able to appreciate Ku Feng's acting skills!!! it's equivalent to the best choreography out there, hands down, IMO!!! check it out, i'd say! & then let us know what you think!;)

Archived