What is Jackie Chan’s best film in terms of stuntwork and fights?

WangYu

I came across an article by Tarantino where he signaled out supercop as Jackie’s best film in terms of overall stunt and set pieces.

What are you guy’s opinions?

• Like 1

Fights - Drunken Master 2 and Dragons Forever

Stuntwork - Project A and Police Story.

Edited by DrNgor
  • Like 2

For fights and stunts I have to go for Project A.Just stunts,Project A 2,him and especially his team took some serious hits and bumps.Just fights,Drunken Master 2,showing the wire obsessed 90s how to do it.

Edited by sym8
  • Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

If we're limiting things to just one movie to demonstrate all of Jackie's action capabilities, I'd go with Police Story.   Phenomenal stunt work, coupled with fights that tend to merge with stunt sequences - the mall finale in particular is an exquisite example of this.

That said, Drunken Master II is his masterpiece when it comes to pure combat choreography, stunts are less emphasized. 

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

thundered mantis

Jackie somewhat touched perfection on the mixing fighting with stunts and incredibly mantained that level on many films:

Project A and Project A II (less pure fighting on that one) 

Police story I and II (the playground and car stuff is totally insane). Supercop is like Project A II less fighting oriented. It would have been PERFECT with an added fight scene with Yuen Wah on the rooftop. 

Armour of God is pure madness bliss but Operation Condor finale is like super human habilities thrown in there. 

Dragons forever and Wheels on Meals are fighting excellence like we never had seen coupled with so nice stuntwork.

Drunken Master 2 is simply a milestone.

Rumble in the Bronx is also perfect in that blending

Who Am I is also a personal favourite, final fight could've been a little better though, but anyway for me it's up there. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, WangYu said:

Damn guys. Now I really want to rewatch all the mentioned films!

I haven’t watched his films in almost 20 years, they will be like new to me!

If you can get your hands on the 88 and Eureka releases (and Warner Archives for Drunken Master II) - you're in for a great time.  We are living in a golden age for quality re-releases.  I even wound up getting a lot more enjoyment out of the Lo Wei era this time around.

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1