Lovely But Deadly (1981) Lucinda Dooling, Mel Novak, Richard Herd, Mark Holden

AlbertV

Another cheap American martial arts B-movie from the early 1980s I found on Tubi. They just added it this week I believe. It's called Lovely But Deadly. It's about high school student and martial arts expert Mary Ann Lovitt, nicknamed "Lovely". Her younger brother Arthur drowned after ODing on drugs. She transfers to her brother's high school to find out who is responsible. With help from her cheerleading coach, who is also a self-defense teacher, and some of the fellow students, Lovely wages war on the drug dealers responsible. 

Playing bad guys are legendary supporting actor Irwin Keyes and Pee Wee Big Adventure and Howling II co-star Judd Omen. Game of Death and current Z-movie actor Mel Novak plays a party host. Australian actor and singer Mark Holden plays Lovely's boyfriend, who in one scene plays one of his songs in a classroom.

You know this is a cheap movie when the boom mic appears now and again in the frame. Rifftrax even did a version of this very film. 

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

I actually dig this flick...have fond memories of this on vhs at the video store. As a serious martial arts film no but as a trashy 80s exploitation film with a few catfights and that 80s feel its great fun.

• Like 3