A Dangerous Place (1994) Ted Jan Roberts, Corey Feldman, Marshall Teague, William James Jones, Erin Grey

AlbertV

The first time I saw this, in a way I couldn't take it seriously because imagining Corey Feldman as the leader of a crazy karate team who deals in robberies at night just seemed laughable. But as I watched it a few more times, it's pretty much the martial arts equivalent of a Lifetime movie and thankfully, the star of the film, Ted Jan Roberts carries the film as Ethan, whose brother Greg runs in with the Scorpions (Feldman's team) and Greg's moral compass gets the best of him, Feldman's Taylor kills Greg via Eagle Claw to the throat. 

This leads Ethan to infiltrate the team to find out the truth about Greg, even seeing him in visions a la Loren Avedon in Fighting Spirit. The Scorpions consist of William James Jones of California Dreams, Marc Riffon from White Wolves: A Cry in the Wild II, and Jason Majik, who is the star of the recently re-released SOV film L.A. Aids Jabber. Mako plays Roberts' sensei while TV legend Erin Grey plays Ethan's mother and Dick Van Patten as the principal. Let's not forget Road House badass Marshall Teague as Gavin, the Scorpions' sensei and ringleader of the robberies. Art Camacho was the film's fight choreographer. 

It's streaming on Tubi. 

I talked to Jason Majik, who played the hot-headed Patrick, a while back and he is the opposite of his character obviously. He had lots of nice things to say about working on the film. He mentioned that Corey Feldman took his training for the film seriously under Art Camacho and gave props to Ted Jan Roberts for his fighting skills. I may be working on getting a full interview with him down the road about his career. 

• Like 1