Shaw Brothers films to be released on DVD in North America!!

Guest CodyJack

Guest chen lung

Don't want to jump the gun but HK Flix lists 'Mandarin' for this film. Is this correct or another mistake like 'Boxers Omen'?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest killer meteor

It should be Cantonese. I think all of Lau's films from Dirty Ho onwards are Cantonese - though Martial Arts of Shaolin is a bit of an exception

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Hi Linn,

Just was curious as to whether the translations for english subtitles were redone for the Image releases or are they the same as Celestials?

Hope this question wasn't already answered.

some future image shaw releases :BELLS OF DEATH-july/3----DEADLY BREAKING SWORD-nov/6----KILLER SNAKES- dec/4. no conformation yet if the english dubs are included.

Guest chen lung

He is merely trying to help the situation by providing info/sources (he doesn't work for them), only Image aren't bothering and what's more, their Celestial contract is dumb (so many limits and bitchyness).

Heh, just got an email from Mr. Bey Logan...

"Hi Blas, yes, it's a great film (I was asking him about Call me Dragon, btw...Blas), let me see who has the rights, i'm prepping the Heroes Of The East commentary now. best, Bey"

Yay! :D

The Little Dragon

does anyone know if any distributor is going to release these movies apart from the bootleg company panmedia and are there any new distributors willing to release sb movies besides Dragon Dynasty, Media Blasters, BCI and Image

these movies im looking for

Men From the Monastery

Shaolin Martial Arts

Disciples of Shaolin

The Spiritual Boxer

The New Shaolin Boxers

Chinatown Kid

The Brave Archer 2

The Shadow Boxing

The Kid with the Golden Arm

The Daredevils

The Magnificent Ruffians

Five Super Fighters

The Fighting Fool

The Kid with a Tattoo

The Rebel Intruders

Legend of the Fox

The Boxer From the Temple

Coward Bastard

The Brave Archer 3

The Sword Stained with Royal Blood

Masked Avengers

Lion vs. Lion

My Rebellious Son

Cat vs. Rat

The Treasure Hunters

Kid From Kwantung

House of Traps

Ode to Gallantry

Shaolin Intruders

The Master Strikes Back

The Young Vagabond

thanks for the help

Image has released Shaolin Intruders already and has House of Traps coming out in September. Haven't heard anything about the other titles. Well Go USA is another company mentioned on here that will be releasing some Shaw titles.

Chinatown Kid

I'll be hoping a remastered international version of Chinatown Kid is in the works from one of these companies....

The Little Dragon
Image has released Shaolin Intruders already and has House of Traps coming out in September. Haven't heard anything about the other titles. Well Go USA is another company mentioned on here that will be releasing some Shaw titles.

im a dub fan im collecting all legit shaw titles that are coming out with english dub i really hope that after releasing the titles that Media Blasters currently has they will go on and just like Celestial release the martial arts movies from Shaw Brothers for the region 1 market with english dub that would be a dream coming true;)

of course the other titles that Dragon Dynasty do not have the rights to the list above im looking for i wanted to email them with this request but dont have their email anyone has their mail address?

thanks for the help

wudangimmortal

-can some1 post a list of the recently re-released shaw titles in the past few months up to now? id really appreciate it, gonna hit up best buy this weekend need to know what to look for :D

A nice sample from the past few months:

Dragon Dynasty:

Heroes of the East

Come Drink with Me

Media Blasters:

Heroes Two

The Master

Challenge of the Master (Might be on the shelf by now)

Well Go Usa:

Two Champions of Shaolin

Brothers Five

Image:

Bat Without Wings

The Magic Blade

Human Skin Lanterns

Intimate Confessions of a Chinese Courtesan

Morgoth Bauglir

A lot of people know about that list, but there are always new people coming to this forum so it is a good idea to repost it. Sadly I think Dragon Dynasty is done releasing older movies. At least that's the way it seems to me:(

Just picked up House of Traps (English dub, yay), Challenge of The Master and The Master today. Well Go, the company that put out 2 Champions, has a 80's fantasy type movie called Journey of The Doomed with a small Kara Hui apperance. It's a strange flick but for those who want them all, eh.

Good stuff.

Amazon has two shaw titles up for pre-order:

Five Deadly Venoms (Release Date: Aug 18, 2009 Studio: Dragon Dynasty)

Flag of Iron (Release Date: Aug 25, 2009 Studio: Tokyo Shock)

Nice to see they are releasing great titles for Region 1.

ya when i picked up my interest in the genre again last week it was a nice surprise to learn five deadly venoms was finally going to see a proper release

Yep. For Chinese Super Ninjas - it's slated for October 27, 2009. (Under the title: Five Element Ninjas)

I just posted up a thread which has as many SB releases as I found. Name of thread: Shaw Brothers - North American Releases.

Patiently counting down the days for that one. One of the best SB films ever.

kungpowmaster

I was reading through this thread, and it seems a few DVDs have been released where the box does not make mention of an English dub, but one does exist on it. From what I have read here, Image's Legendary Weapons of China does have the dub.

Do any of the films of the Four Swords set have an unlisted dub too?

Is there is list of DVDs that have an unlisted English dub?

I prefer the old school dubs, but I can get along with subs too, but I think a "definitive" edition would have everything that can be found, even if it's not the best quality.

I was so mad when I bought NoShame's Last Days of Mussolini, because the case said it had the English dub, along with Italian, and then a message is on the screen saying they didn't include the dub because it was not accurate, that's BS. I wanted to play this film for my father, but he doesn't get on well with subs, and wow, that movie is like reading a novel.

Archived