City of the Rising Sun (1999) - Jung Woo Sung, Lee Jung Jae

laagi

Here's one for you @One Armed Boxer although I doubt you haven't watched this already?

After almost two decades they'll be finally reunited on the big screen with Lee's directorial debut "Hunt". It's nice to see how it all started.

Not a trailer but it does capture the spirit of the movie ;) which I still need to watch...

• Like 1

Great movie! A must watch if you're interested in the early years of korean new-wave.

The performances of Jung Woo Sung & Lee Jung Jae are outstanding. It seemingly comes natural to them.

Obviously the two have been best friends even before their career sky-rocketed.

Dealing with ambition, dreams, failure, hopes, perseverance... and most importantly friendship. These are things anyone can identify with and are without a doubt timeless.

Special mention to the soundtrack which features 60's rock n' roll. Overall City of the Rising Sun comes highly recommended.

• Like 1

One Armed Boxer
On 8/24/2022 at 7:16 AM, laagi said:

Here's one for you @One Armed Boxer although I doubt you haven't watched this already?

I did but way waaaaay back, your enthusiasm has me wanting to give it a re-watch, as I probably didn't fully appreciate it when I initially checked it out back in the early 00's!

• Like 2