Toby Russell's new blu ray label?

Yihetuan

Question

I remember Toby mentioned that he wanted to start a blu ray label much like his defunct rarescope about a year ago? I know he owns the entire IFD catalog and wanted to put out some of the more obscure ones on blu ray and the indie Taiwanese stuff especially the bashers. I haven't heard any update since then. Anyone in contact with Toby with more info or can shed more light about it?

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 3

22 answers to this question

NoKUNGFUforYU

Just spoke to him as well. He is doing the Godfrey Ho stuff, Taiwanese action dramas and Ninja mafia movies. Selling rights to USA and China. No real interest in bashers or swordplay. 

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Super Ninja

I was about to ask that seeing Toby uploading various trailers on his YT channel. I knew he owns the IFD catalog, it would be a waste not to release some of those titles.

• Like 3

dionbrother
8 hours ago, JDecloux said:

Could he be the one that's providing the masters for the German releases? 

He is.

• Like 6

20 hours ago, dionbrother said:

He is.

was. nothing happening for years since he silently he hopes for bigger market sales and Germany is not worth it for him anymore. Though it seems now, nobody else in the world wants that stuff for real $$$; knowing that Wu Tang Clan will rip it for free to show on youtube & other VOD.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

21 minutes ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

Just spoke to him as well. He is doing the Godfrey Ho stuff, Taiwanese action dramas and Ninja mafia movies. Selling rights to USA and China. No real interest in bashers or swordplay. 

Thanks for the update & info Peter. Guess I had my initial info mixed up and he's not releasing them himself but only selling the rights to other distributors.

• Like 3

dionbrother
5 hours ago, De Ming Li said:

I assume it’s the Asia Line DVD series?

These were some of the more high end releases, not the Asia Line stuff.  They were too rich for my blood, certainly didn't help when German Amazon drastically increased their overseas shipping rates to the US.

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

12 hours ago, De Ming Li said:

I assume it’s the Asia Line DVD series?

No, these were blu ray/mediabook releases from I believe Shamrock, AVV/WMM and Mr Banker Films. Off the top of my head, Mission Thunderbolt and Shaolin vs Ninja.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Magnum-Thunderbolt-Blu-ray/267558/

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Mission-Thunderbolt-Blu-ray/257879/

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Ninja-Operation-6-Champion-on-Fire-Blu-ray/257466/

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Secret-of-the-Lost-Empire-Blu-ray/263716/

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Die-grosste-Schlacht-der-Ninja-Blu-ray/287455/

Edited by Yihetuan
added links
  • Like 5

TheKungFuRobber

I hope he puts out Duel of the Tough and Hard Bastard, they will be first day orders from me! Also, Ninja Terminator would be nice.

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

sifu iron perm
1 hour ago, TheKungFuRobber said:

I hope he puts out Duel of the Tough and Hard Bastard, they will be first day orders from me! Also, Ninja Terminator would be nice.

i can get that asked..leave that to me my homie!!!

• Like 4

Film Fan Dojo
On 7/22/2022 at 8:51 PM, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

Good afternoon,

I really want to do a kung fu movie film festival here in Detroit, Michigan in 2023 or 2024. I was looking at IFD film catalogue and would like to do a triple feature. Do you think Mr. Russell would be open to dealing with me to show the films at a good price for that night? Thanks!

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

sifu iron perm
4 hours ago, Film Fan Dojo said:

Good afternoon,

I really want to do a kung fu movie film festival here in Detroit, Michigan in 2023 or 2024. I was looking at IFD film catalogue and would like to do a triple feature. Do you think Mr. Russell would be open to dealing with me to show the films at a good price for that night? Thanks!

A good chance! Put a proposal to Him. He is not hard to find ie contact! 

Good luck!

• Like 2

Toby has been uploading remastered trailers from the IFD catalog on his channel, so I decided to do some digging to see if any IFD films had been remastered and uploaded anywhere and I found several. The Brave Platoon, Soldier Terminators, Dragon on Fire, Queen of Cobra and Hunt for Devil Boxer (only 40 minutes though on some random Chinese website).  I have uploaded it majority of it on my YouTube (same name as my username on here). I'm hoping that Toby/IFD will eventually distribute their remastered catalog (in the U.S. and such on Blu-ray), they look fantastic 

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1