Banlieu 13

Guest Yi Long

Guest Markgway
Then I can only assume that your expectations were real high on SPL from all the buzz and low (or lower compared to SPL) for this film.

Had no real expectations of either. I just went in blind. SPL I didn't like, B13 I did. That's all there is to it.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Markgway
The film was advertised as the next French parkour film, after the Yamakasi films that had been made before. I get the feeling the script wasn't finished when they began to shoot, as the first half of the movie seems to be going in a different direction then the 2nd half. Like someone mentioned earlier, the bad guy's gang was built up to eventually have a big fight with the lead characters, but instead they fight a big troll in a fight that dosen't really offer anything except for the repetitive David vs Goliath scenario.

I didn't know anything about the pre-production or advertising. I'm only going by what I saw and it's not a parkour film. But I did enjoy the parkour that was in it as well as the combat action.

Guest Chinatown Kid

I really enjoyed the film and hope there's a sequel or similar type movie with the same people made. Alot of the scenes really got my adrenalin going.

Archived