Joker: Folie a Deux (2024) - Joaquin Phoenix, Lady Gaga

AlbertV

Todd Phillips is returning with a Joker sequel, which has the title Joker: Folie a Deux. This sequel will bring back Joaquin Phoenix as Arthur/Joker and here's the kicker. The sequel is being touted as a "musical". Lady Gaga is in negotiations to play Harley Quinn opposite Phoenix's take on the Clown Prince of Crime.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/joker-2-lady-gaga-joaquin-phoenix-todd-phillips-in-musical-1235154135/

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 3

This would be great news if it wasn't going to be a musical. Such a bizarre direction to go with it. I also cannot really picture Lady Gaga as Harley, but who knows, she might surprise us. Well, I liked the first Joker movie, so I will wait and see what the trailer looks like. 

• Like 3

It surely can't be solely a musical, it's gotta be somewhat intact with the mood of the original. I'll wait till trailers are dropped.

• Like 4

Production has begun and we have our 1st look at Arthur Fleck getting a shave. The film is being set in Arkham Asylum. 

Joaquin Phoenix's first look from Joker: Folie à Deux out, fans can't wait  | Hollywood - Hindustan Times

• Like 3

I'm going to guess that this movie is going to be all about Arthur Fleck trying to manipulating Harley into helping him escape. Sort of a Harley Quinn origin story. Which I am down for.

• Like 2

On 2/16/2023 at 12:04 PM, laagi said:

Yeah I'm still not convinced we need a part two of this. I loved Joker and for me as it stands it's perfect. 

I'm just happy to see Joker and Harley back together in something. I'm so tired of of the Ivy/Harley paring, which doesn't work at all in my opinion. 

• Like 1

Coliseum1972

in the 90s Jenny McCarthy shouldve been Harley and Marcia Cross or Jamie Luner as Poison Ivy , ha ha

Arnold Vosloo looks like mr Freeze

• Like 2

10 hours ago, AlbertV said:

First look at Lady Gaga in Harley Quinn outfit

ImageImage

I think the outfit looks pretty good. She looks like a professional woman who went off the deep end. I just hope Lady Gaga has the acting chops to pull off such an interesting, complex character and that the writers don't mess her up like they did in the comics. 

• Like 1

DarthKato
Posted (edited)

The new trailer is going to be on April 9th according to Lady Gaga's X(Twitter) account. 

Lady Joker2.jpg

Edited by DarthKato
  • Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

starschwar
Posted (edited)

This will either be brilliant, or a train wreck.  But that's how I felt after the trailer for the first one, so maybe that is a good sign.  The shot of Joker chasing himself (or an impostor?) is interesting.  Some familiar imagery going on in general.  I wonder how much of this one is going on inside his head.

Edited by starschwar
  • Like 1

DarthKato

Just watched the trailer on YouTube and it looks pretty damn good. I'm super excited for this. I'm going to guess, from what I saw, that the musical parts are all in his head. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me to find out that Harley isn't even really there. But yeah, looks like it's going to be good. 

I see that the musical thing was just a gimmick. I now get it (won't say anything as it may possibly be spoilers)... Looks like we're getting much of what we saw in the first movie. I like it.

• Like 2

Drunken Monk

I think this looks great as well. It really feels like they’re continuing the journey of Joker and fleshing him out even more as a character. The world looks larger too.

i just hope half the film isn’t set in Arkham. I think he needs to get out of there pretty early on.

I truly hated the first film but I'm delighted to say, after watching the new trailer earlier today, that this looks equally dogshit

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

24 minutes ago, Karlos said:

I truly hated the first film but I'm delighted to say, after watching the new trailer earlier today, that this looks equally dogshit

excuse me what GIF

Look and feel of the trailer is spot on with the first movie which I admittedly love! Lady Gaga I'm not sure yet, she's pretty hit and miss in her acting. As others have mentioned the "musical" seems to be more of a gimmick than anything else.

I hope this will be it and they won't release another trailer. For my taste this one was already too long!

PandaPawPaw
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Karlos said:

I wasn't mad about the first movie either but did like the chat show bits.

The trailer was alright but the music kept making me think of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory for some reason.

Everyone want to be the fucking Crow now!

snapshot.thumb.jpg.c05c752b4acc198ca5ee634f3ab68465.jpg

Stay in your lane GAGA pants!

Edited by PandaPawPaw

sifu iron perm
7 hours ago, Karlos said:

😆 🤣 😂 😹 😆 🤣 😂 

sifu iron perm
4 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

I wasn't mad about the first movie either but did like the chat show bits.

The trailer was alright but the music kept making me think of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory for some reason.

Everyone want to be the fucking Crow now!

snapshot.thumb.jpg.c05c752b4acc198ca5ee634f3ab68465.jpg

Stay in your lane GAGA pants!

"Who can take a sunrise, sprinkle it with dew
Cover it in chocolate and a miracle or two
The candy man, the candy man can
The candy man can ’cause he mixes it with love
And makes the world taste good"

• Haha 1

PandaPawPaw
1 hour ago, sifu iron perm said:

"Who can take a sunrise, sprinkle it with dew
Cover it in chocolate and a miracle or two
The candy man, the candy man can
The candy man can ’cause he mixes it with love
And makes the world taste good"

6255a878c15e33df6fdc85ed2ec6ae40.gif

Everything tastes good at Wonka's.

• Haha 1

Drunken Monk

I don't know whether the new trailer makes this look good, per se, but it does look interesting. I hope it's not a prison drama, though. We need Joker wreaking some havoc. The trailer implies he does but I hope it's not some silly dream sequence or something.

I admit, I wasn't fully convinced by the casting of Lady Gaga but she looks great and seems to be putting in a solid perfornance.