Training

NinjaX

Hi guys

I watched mad monkey kung fu yesterday and it got me thinking. What would you say was the most hardcore training montages you can think of? The one in mad monkey kung fu looked like an easy way to dislocate all of your limbs!

• Like 2

TibetanWhiteCrane

Jackie's upside down water-pouring thing from DM looks pretty strenuous. I seem to remember Cliff Lok's training out in the woods with the old master in Choy Lee Fat Kung Fu looked tough. 

The finger hardening thing Hsiao Hou does in MMKF I adopted into my training back in the day. 

Edited by TibetanWhiteCrane
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

Jackie's upside down water-pouring thing from DM looks pretty strenuous. I seem to remember Cliff Lok's training out in the woods with the old master looked tough. 

The finger hardening thing Hsiao Hou does in MMKF I adopted into my training back in the day. 

I'd argue that Jackie's early work has some of the best training montages ever. Or at least those are the ones I can still remember to this day. 

• Like 2

starschwar

I haven't seen it in over 20 years, but I seem to recall Fearless Hyena featuring a scene of Jackie repeatedly slamming his back into a tree trunk or something to that effect.  Ouch.

• Like 2