Recognise anyone?

J.J. Hayden

Question

J.J. Hayden

Does anybody recognise any of these actors, who I believe are Taiwanese/Taiwan based. I have four names that I couldn't link to anyone as the transference of their names from Chinese to Korean has them so I can't reverse the process. But the names that I have are probably similar to their true names so could be of use, or they may not link to any of the people shown in the images below at all,, have to wait and see. The names are: Hoo Moon-gwi; Jang Che-yoon; Me Lee-hwa; Yoo Wan-ja (I believe the last two are likely to be child actors).

I think the names Hoo Moon-gwi and Jang Che-yoon might refer to these two respectively.

image.jpeg.0440651f468474d730fef1aa35ca5b00.jpegimage.jpeg.366e0123ba0a6a237a801e1720fb0d15.jpegimage.jpeg.809677a13ec0c3c6166be3b7901318f2.jpegimage.jpeg.4213792e673eacb0a04a6bd52b8a2434.jpegimage.jpeg.2fd1445484817bed36f0f8e4a5dccce6.jpegimage.jpeg.b58eb0c4b759e13ea982cb1bc57e65fd.jpegimage.jpeg.a6fccd4fda4693f8caf0e2f04d543802.jpegimage.jpeg.6f2e386f47191f9d5d8ee2b0cf908cdf.jpeg

In this last photo it's just the woman, I already identified the man.

image.jpeg.c3c8b4daf23fa3041d04e3f1e8d3c187.jpeg

Any help and suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Edited by J.J. Hayden
  • Like 2

5 answers to this question

Chen Hung Lieh

That monk looks a little bit like Chan Man-Wa, but I dare not bet on it.
That woman on the image below might be Liang Bi-Lan.

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Third photo down ( guy in Daoist monk garb ) looks like my favorite Venom, Lu Feng as he appeared in the 1988 film '' 5 VENOMS VS WU TANG '' aka '' VAMPIRE KID II / ZOMBIE KID II '' ...

• Like 1

Yeah, it was a long shot with this one. I only think the first 3 pics would be of anybody of note, but with the lack of data on Taiwanese actors, it looks like this is a lost cause.

Cheers

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, danthemandmv said:

Third photo down ( guy in Daoist monk garb ) looks like my favorite Venom, Lu Feng

Interesting. I'll have to have a good look into that, he's certainly a contender.

Cheers mate.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chen Hung Lieh said:

That monk looks a little bit like Chan Man-Wa, but I dare not bet on it.
That woman on the image below might be Liang Bi-Lan.

@danthemandmv was close with Lu Feng, he does look quiet similar but the ears didn't quite fit.

But you're right on both counts. Thanks very much, I've been wondering about these for an age, especially the Taoist, as he's in it more than most actors, then again Ma Chiang is one of the main guys and doesn't get a credit either. What a mess.

Cheers

• Like 1