City Hunter different run times?

Guest OHMSS006

Guest luckystars

Assuming that they *are* the same versions, you'd be able to buy the LD much easier...although you'll need to buy a player. Catch 22. ;)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest OHMSS006

oh right...i get it now.

and i do apologize if i am going through alot of trouble for th is one laserdisc. but dont worry, there will be plently more to come, for example, i have posted a link of a japanese Drunken Master LD on the other thread 'Classic Kung Fu Film 1965-1985'.

Guest OHMSS006

hey everyone!

i finally received my LaserDisc! my first ever!

yay!

and wow! its a massive piece of thing that is!

sp just to sum it up, the laserdisc has a better quality than the VHS version, plus there isnt any cut like this outside of japan i assume, thus making this unique. am i correct or not?:(

does anyone know if they have a version like this?

also, the HLD-X9 is known to be the best Ld player ever, cause of its Red Laser reader and its 3D Comb Filter. Is it possible to get an ordinary player with a Red Laser pickup, and connect a Vision Crystal comb filter with it, and so will it give the same results as the HLD-X9 will?

thanks

Guest The Running Man
sp just to sum it up, the laserdisc has a better quality than the VHS version, plus there isnt any cut like this outside of japan i assume, thus making this unique. am i correct or not?

Yup.

Guest OHMSS006

Hooraay!!!

im rich!

now IVL has to buy me out for this cut :D

also, can anyone help me answer that question about the HLD-X9?

please?

Guest eatingfish
Hooraay!!! im rich! now IVL has to buy me out for this cut

You're getting your hopes up way too much. I cut & paste a post from Muldoon on ADG:

"The only thing extended on the Japanese laserdisc of City Hunter released by Pony Canyon is the opening of the film. The longer opening has more shots of the City Hunter comic and the red bathing suit beauties. It also has a 2nd blooper reel in addition to the blooper reel that plays during the end credits. I already sent Joy Sales/Fortune Star screenshots of Pony Canyon's laserdisc"

Sorry but looks like he's beaten you to it...

Guest luckystars

In any case you can pick this up on the Asian auction sites fairly easily. It's nowhere near as rare as some of Jackie's other LD's.

Guest OHMSS006

i was actually being sarcastic, and i am very aware of not being so lucky anyways. :D

so dont worry.

also, can yo probably name me a rare Jackie Chan Ld that is actually considered Rare?

thanks.

Guest The Running Man

Actually there is some extra stuff in the movie itself albet very minor. I suppose that muldoon missed it.

Guest OHMSS006

oh okay then.

thanks.

i am not sure wat im going to say...

oh yes...

wat is the picture display like?

is it in its original aspect ratio? does it have japanese subtitles overlapping the actual image?

Guest The Running Man
is it in its original aspect ratio? does it have japanese subtitles overlapping the actual image?

Yes to both.

Guest OHMSS006

woah...

wen i mean does it have japanese subtitles overlapping the actual image, as in on the film itself? and not on like a black area??

Guest The Running Man

There's no extra footage to subtitle unless someone is going to translate the alternate end credits song that is in Japanese that is at the end of the film

Guest OHMSS006

well it was going to be a yes.

i do know someone who can help me translate japanese for me.

but i was so sure the japanese subtitles was not actually going to be on the actual film image, i thought that would be ridiculous to have it imprinted on the image itself.

is that like on the actual VHS version of it?

now, the payment has arrived for the Poice Story laserdisc which i cannot wait! :D ive been up and down looking fo that damn thing for over 2 years! now i have it prestine condition. and i know wat to exepect from that! hahahahaha.

Guest luckystars

So you have a LD player now? It's fairly typical actually for these Japanese releases to have big clear subtitles that overlap the picture slightly.

Guest OHMSS006

i actually had in mind it was going to be more like how the Police Story japanese laserdisc was going to be like, on the black area and not on the actual film print.

Guest OHMSS006

ohhh thats brilliant!

if u would ahve showed me that before, i maybe would have shutted it up. hehehehehe.

anyways, thanks very much for that, now i only ask for this one last thing, does the VHS version of this film (the japanese version of course that was posted here in page 3), i assume it has the same print and runtime footage, correct me if im wrong?

and do they also tend to have the same subtitles on it? or is it a nice clean copy as i probably would imagine?

i would really appreciate it if anyone can help me answer that.

thanks very much everyone for your help. really am appreciative.

Archived