City Hunter different run times?

Guest OHMSS006

Guest OHMSS006

anyone?

i also like to know if its complete widesceen and does it hav any subtitles in the way of the image?

any info about it?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Markgway

Worth it if you're a collector of rare versions -- assuming it does contain extra footage. I'd expect it to be letterboxed and with Japanese subtitles (mainly) beneath the image (might be some overlap due to the 1.85 ratio). I guess you'll know when it arrives. :)

Guest OHMSS006

yeah i will, wen i get grands of money to buy a X9 LD player, which i dont even have one, as tis is my first ld ive ever gotten.

Guest OHMSS006

actually it still does.

i have bought something that relatively is not found everywhere, and the print tends to be something alot of people want perhaps.

i thought any Ld player will do, but after some research, it looks like i actually want the best of my Laserdisc, and thus gaining as much quality as i can from the laserdisc as the qualityof an LD is lower than a DVD, and hearing that a LD player like the Pioneer HLD-X9 really does give out the sunsihine giving that DVD quality.

and because LDs are analogue, the quality wont somehow be touched unless it was made bad, or the laserdisc player is played bad.

correct me if im wrong, it is like a VHS tape, getting an original Disney tape for example, when it was made, the quality was made on high levels. thus, playing it on a (below) average VCR, the quality u will get of course willb e as expected from the VCR, but then, when you play it on a top VCR, like a S-VHS ET VCR from Panasonic (which i a trying to find), the quality will be amazing, as u will recieve images onto your TV set from your VCR as it was intend to be showed as it was made.

thus, with a top VCR, u will get a picture showing how the creators of the tape intend to be shown.

i wish there ws someone with that kind of LD player which i can borrow for like a couple of days, and use it to record the film on High Quality DVD, where i will rip it on my computer and do some restoring if i can. therefore maybe the print will be in top notch.

Guest OHMSS006

ummm...

sorry if i complicatd everyone here i assume...

did anyone understood wat i said may i ask?

Guest The Running Man

No offense dude...but what you're asking is a bit much. It's also next to impossible seeing as no one really knws each other on forums and what you are doing is basically asking totally strangers if they have a high end LD player and then ask total strangers if they can lend one to you if they have.

That sort of thing is not gonna get any replies.

Guest Dion Brother

A longer version of CITY HUNTER did play on television in Taiwan. I don't have the details, but I think it was just some extra but very brief action shots and maybe an extra gag or two. A friend who would know saw it when he was vacationing there about 7 years ago. He does read this board, so maybe he'll post some info. Possibly the Japanese version contains extra footage of the Hard & Soft Kids rap duo? Gala Gala Happy!

Guest OHMSS006

excellent!

now all i have to do is wait for this information to come.

its got to have more than wat uve mentioned.

95mins to over 100mins? somethings gotta give.

Guest The Running Man

What's more is the extra out-takes reel that plays at the end of the movie and the extended opening credit sequence. That's the majority of the extra footage.

Guest OHMSS006

well, i would say thats still money worth buying.

the seller has now received my payment, and will email me when they have shipped it.

now al i need is a Laserdisc player, which im only going to need once for a lifetime. hahahaha.

(probably not funny actually).

Guest OHMSS006

well i am not as rich as u think, nor do i have any money. besides to pay for that laserdisc.

i always liked quality, and always had my mind set on on the HLD-X9, as i have been hearing great stuff about it, thus me liking it.

but not sure that much as i saw this:

translate.google.com/tran...safe%3Doff

i dont quite understand it.

but anyways, i was thinking of starting a new thread somewhere stating about the X9, if anyone can tell me wat is soooo good about it, and if possible, can someone give me some examples. and how does it differ from other LD players.

Guest Markgway
well i am not as rich as u think

Which is why I said SECOND HAND electronic stores. Nobody buys players anymore so you might get a used one dirt cheap.

nor do i have any money. besides to pay for that laserdisc.

Well, if you have so little money it seems odd you should spend it on an item you can't play. But that's just me.

Guest OHMSS006

i know u said second hand, and i still cant afford to get one. plus dont have any space for a player.

i understand wat u meant, and i think alot of people will agree with u, but then, from my knowledge, this is the only japanese cut avaiable, nor on DVD or VHS even. correct me if im wrong though.

also, i am still hoping someone can help answer me about the laserdisc players difference, and comb filters. the productin the link is actually a Crystal Vision VPS-100, which is a comb filter, and read many good stuff about it.

may i ask, if u get an ordinary player, and u connect that comb filter, will u get the same results as a HLD-X9 player? having this 'DVD-like' quality and so on?

Guest Markgway

Sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but if you can't afford even a second hand player and have no space for one, what exactly is the point of this thread?? |I

Guest OHMSS006

because i am getting tha laserdisc, which is on the way, and i want to know wat to expect.

the only thing why i am sort of complaining about not having one, is because i dont really want to bother my friend on using his. but that whole bit is only minor.

sorry if anyone might have thought this way.

again, anyone?

Guest OHMSS006

also, i like to know, since this japanese laserdisc contains footage or extended scenes which is assumingly known in this laserdisc, does anyone know if this kind of version was erleased on DVD or was ever on VHS in any sort?

Guest luckystars

Sadly it's in Cantonese and no English subs. When you get a LD player, make sure you get a Chinese speaker to help you :)

Also I don't think another release exists...unless there was a Japanese VHS?

Guest OHMSS006

hahahaha a japanese VHS, to be honest, i dont know if they actuslly did, even though they have invented it of course.

its going to be awhile to get a Laserdisc player that i want, i really want an X9, to get the best out of my Laserdisc.

can anyone tell me some information about the HLD-X9 please???? i would really appreciate it.

Guest luckystars

Of course it exists:

PCVX10352_l.jpg

Release date: 1995-07-21

Subtitles: Japanese

Serial: PCVX10353

Run time: 105 minutes

And how do I know? Coz I gots all da infoz :hat

Guest OHMSS006

oh wow!

do u own the VHS yourself may i ask?

and it has the 105mins!!!!

would u happen to know if it is in widescreen?

also, would u happen to know if it is comaprable to the Laserdisc at all in any way?

Guest OHMSS006

oh okay then.

in ur humble opinion, do you think the laserdisc is more favourable than the VHS tape itself?

Archived