City Hunter different run times?

Guest OHMSS006

Guest OHMSS006

City Hunter different run times?

dont get me wrong,there are places in the net where i read there is the 98mins one (or somewhere near that time not sure exactly) and other places i read something like 105mins also!

Does anyone know the difference between the 105mins to the 95mins?

and does anyone know wat is the 105mins? i would really appreciate it if anyone can help me answer that.

thanks.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest The Running Man

Well, the difference between 98 and 95 would be because of PAL and NTSC running times.

The 105 running time you got would be from the Japanese laserdisc version.

:)

Guest OHMSS006

ohhh cool...

the japanese laserdisc! of course!

then i would assume that, that would be the longer version of the film?

Guest OHMSS006

ohh sorry my bad.

but does anyone know what it is included in the Japanese Laserdisc version of the film which makes it longer than the current versions we have today?

anyone?

Guest The Running Man

From what I heard, the opening title credit sequence is longer, the song at the end credits is different, and there is additional out takes at the end of the film.

Guest OHMSS006

ohh right.

okay then...

anyone else might happen to know then?

and does anyone else know where i can the japanese laserdisc version of the film?

Guest OHMSS006

ahhh would u happen to know if the japanese version of the longer cut has any new scenes in it? or happen to know them at all?

Joy Sales?

Guest Markgway

I don't know about the JP edit of City Hunter. Sorry. I just know that Joy Sales are keeping an eye out for extra footage when available. They are a HK-based distributor who have the rights to virtually all of the Golden Harvest catalogue upto and including 1993. As well as Golden Princess, Cinema City and D&B.

Guest OHMSS006

oohhh okay then.

so they are a company like HKL or something like that, and are they on the look out of looking for that kind of footage? as another did looking for the full uncut fight scenes with Bruce Lee in Game of Death?

Guest Markgway

They have many, many more films than HKL and will be releasing them much faster. Some will be HD remastered, the rest taken from standard prints. All will be anamorphic widescreen though. This week the first batch was released in Hong Kong. The only Kung Fu-related title is The Twin Dragons (Jackie Chan).

Guest OHMSS006

thats cool.

Hd isnt really my thing, as in order to enjoy HD u need upgrade everything! more or less ur TV set where u still wont get a satisfying image with or any signal.

so apprantly, the Fortune Star version of Twin Dragons tends to be the best version than any other DVD out there?

Guest killer meteor

What Markgway meant was a hi-def restoration, as done by Fortune Star for their IVL/Fox releases. He didn't mean hi-def discs.

Guest Markgway

Yeah, none of the discs are HD, but rather some of the remasters are sourced from HD-quality prints. If you check out the front page of the ADVDG they'll keep your right with info on upcoming titles. I haven't got my Twin Dragons yet, but ideally it should be the best available thus far.

Guest OHMSS006

yeah...

apprantly its said to be the Uncut, and tends to be the longer than the previous one, maybe the previous one was the Hong Kong (un)cut by Delmatic?

is there any other longer version than that one?

Guest Markgway

AFAIK all HK DVD releases of Twin Dragons and City Hunter have been uncut. I'm sure CH will prove likewise when it's released soon.

Archived