Ride On (2022) - Jackie Chan

SamSeed

7 hours ago, Koravec said:

Not me. I dont desire to see Jackie as a ‘serious actor’ in the sense of the foreigner as if thats supposed to garner some sort of ‘merit’.  Not why Im a Jackie fan. 

I just want him to make GOOD HK movies again. Even if they're not full on MA.

8 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

You can forget about the HK part that's for god damn sure...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

I mean what would that even be?  Im at odds with most of the forum. I like Jackies recent work. I dont think its that bad.

PandaPawPaw

Ride On (2023) - "A washed-up stuntman and his stunt horse become an overnight social media sensation when their real-life fight with debt collectors goes viral."

2hrs of mostly average stuff. I hated the bit near the end where the horse kept falling over in the mud. I hope he was OK. JC was alright but damn he looks old now. I felt like there was a good film in there but the execution didn't work.

At least it gave JC a chance to show everyone he can act by crying loads. Guy must be seriously dehydrated now. Someone get him some water.

• Haha 1

AlbertV

I saw the film this morning on Amazon Prime. It was great. I like that the film had a double meaning, the idea of Red Hare riding on as a stunt horse in films but also Jackie's Luo riding on his career while attempting to make amends with his estranged daughter. I thought it was a great meshing of action, comedy, and emotional strife as a love letter to the stunt industry. Andy On was too funny as Da Mi with his futile attempts of getting the horse. He reminded me of Ewan Bremner's Inspector Fix from Around the World in 80 Days, a character just there to be the comic punching bag. 

After being so disappointed with Vanguard, IMO safe to say Jackie redeemed himself big time here.