Mat Kilau - Kebangkitan Pahlawan [2022]

Yihetuan

Due to be released on June 23, the story of Malay folk hero, Mat Kilau and his struggle for independence against the British Imperialists in the 19th century.

• Like 5

ShaOW!linDude
2 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

The action looks semi-decent in this one. 

That's what I thought, too. Has potential. Saw Yayan Ruhian in there. He's usually got really solid choreography in his parts of whatever he's in.

• Like 2

Looks pretty good...I'd be down for it. Why do I have the feeling though if we get the film, it will be called Once Upon a Time in Malaysia? I sense that vibe going on. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Well, the guy directed KL Gangster franchise. I thought KLG 2 was pretty decent, although it didn't make a real splash among Western audiences.

I'll check it out if it will be available

• Like 3

2 hours ago, D1 Ma said:

Well, the guy directed KL Gangster franchise. I thought KLG 2 was pretty decent, although it didn't make a real splash among Western audiences.

I'll check it out if it will be available

I agree about the KL franchise. I saw both on Netflix and while it's nothing original, playing on the old trope about an ex-gangster out of prison trying to go straight but was pleasantly surprised with the action sequences, fight choreo and the dramatic acting too.

I'll definitely keep an eye out for Mat Kilau and post any news about its availability either streaming or physical media on this thread.

• Like 2

I gave this a watch over the weekend.

I enjoyed it but didn't enjoy it as much as I wanted to because - shaky camera, shaky cam during the fight scenes and that abrupt ending (maybe I expecting more as I am somewhat similar with the story).

And did I say shaky cam? you get the picture.

And it is on Netflix for your viewing pleasure.

• Like 1